Beans are a super healthy, super versatile, nutritional powerhouses packed with protein and super affordable food. Beans are high in antioxidants, fiber, protein, B Vitamins, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper and zinc. Eating beans regularly may decrease the risk of diabetes, heart disease, colorectal cancer, and helps with weight management.
Beans are hearty, helping you feel full so you will tend to eat less. As we get older, we need fewer calories and beans are a great way to boost the nutrition power of your meal without boosting the calories. A half-cup of beans has only about 100 calories.
– Beans can prevent heart disease
– High in fiber and Antioxidants
– Beans is good for the waistline, help you lose weight and also help in disease prevention
– Beans can fight cancer. It contains a wide range of cancer-fighting plant chemicals – isoflavones and phytosterols.
– Beans can lower cholesterol by providing the body with soluble fiber.
– Beans can help manage diabetes
Some legumes can trigger migraines or an allergic reaction in some people. If this happens, talk to a doctor. Also if you take a monoamine oxidase inhibitor to treat depression, avoid eating beans as this may raise blood pressure.