“Lets” is to show action referring only to one thing. It is a third-person singular form of the verb, let, which means allow, permit, lease or release.
Let’s look at example below:
- My brother “lets” me hold his car
- Ngozi hums as she lets the dog out of the back door
- My mom always “lets” my sister get away with things
“Let’s” is a contraction word meaning “Let us”. So, if let us doesn’t fit then neither does “let’s”.
See example below:
- Let’s go to the mall (“Let us” go to the mall)
- My little sister said, “Let’s” pretend the puppet we are cooking stew