Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Chief Segun Osoba, former Governor of Ogun State, has described former President, Olusegun Obasanjo as big liar and an untruthful chronicler of history.
He made the remarks in Lagos, western Nigeria, while responding to the claims in Obasanjo’s controversial book My Watch.
Speaking at the launch of Watch The Watcher, A Book of Remembrance of the Obasanjo Years, written by Yinka Odumakin, at the Sheraton Hotel on Monday in Lagos, Osoba said he would write his own account to debunk the lies Obasanjo has written in My Watch on how the Alliance for Democracy, AD, lost Ogun State in 2003.
According to Osoba, in 2002 during the University of Lagos Convocation, Obasanjo asked him and other AD governors who were at the convocation to meet him at Dodan Barracks.
“When we got there, he begged us to support him in 2003 to retain his seat as President in the 2003 election. But we told him it was not a decision we could take without the involvement of elders of the party such as Abraham Adesanya.
“So, another meeting was fixed for Ogun Government Lodge in Abeokuta. At the meeting, Obasanjo begged for our support again.
“However, two weeks before the 2003 presidential election, Abraham Adesanya accused Obasanjo of trying to use military tactics to outwit us. He failed to keep to the terms of the agreement we had with him.
“I am surprised that Obasanjo in his book denied knowing nothing about the arrangement between AD and his party, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP. I will give a full account of what happened in my book,” Osoba said.
Wole Soyinka and Brig-Gen Alabi-Isama, who were maligned in the book, also described Obasanjo as a compulsive liar. saying he is a man that has no conscience, a self-centred man who believes no other person matters except himself.
See Trending for today below…
TRENDING for today… Click to read
- Muslim Group regrets that President Jonathan is not leading the nation by example
- See List of AFRIMA Award Winners (Nigerian Artistes)
- Buhari accused of not submitting his academic credentials to INEC
- Zainab Yari, zamfara state gov daughter shares wedding photos
- Shekarau, Minister of Education urges students to appreciate Jonathan
- Singer, 9ice shares lovely family pics
- (Video) T.B Joshua foretells prior to Indonesia Airflight tragedy
- Air force, Cameroon bombs Boko Haram positions
- More Photos of Adanma Ohakim Traditional Weddings
- INEC releases Electoral Commissioners in the 36 States including FCT
- Chief Osoba, former Ogun Governor blasts Obasanjo
- Jim Iyke shares Photos at Calabar Carnival
- No one knows the cause of my marriage breakup yet – Ini Edo
- 2face Idibia in a cool Egyptian attire at AFRIMA Awards