Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Ford Motors is now partnering with the family location services Startup “Life360” on a new app which could help reduce distractions on the road. Based on recent data, it was recorded hugely that Texting or talking on the phone while driving is one of the leading causes of motor vehicle accidents in our daily lives. This new app will help to curb the issues hugely.
Ford is the first automaker to offer in-car use of Life360 and its new “Drive Mode” feature, which notifies friends and family when a user is in a car and requests that they not get in touch while the user is driving.
“With the integration of Life360’s Drive Mode, we are helping to keep drivers’ attention on the road by letting their loved ones know that they are behind the wheel, encouraging family members and friends to hold off on sending texts,” said Julius Marchwicki, Ford connected services product manager, in a statement.
In 2012, the last year for which data is available, 3,328 people were killed in what the Department of Transportation’s Distraction.gov site calls “distraction-affected crashes”. More alarming, 10% of all drivers under the age of 20 involved in fatal crashes were reported as distracted at the time of their crash, and drivers in their 20s make up 27% of the distracted drivers in fatal crashes.
Since its launch in 2008, Life360 has enrolled 48 million families on its location and communication platform for family and friends. The free smartphone app retooled its services for Ford specifically with the launch of its “Drive Mode” feature.
The Applink-enabled application launches when a driver connects their smartphone to Ford’s SYNC system, which allows users to navigate apps and communicate via their smartphone while driving. The connection notifies Life360 that a user is in a vehicle, which prompts Life360’s Drive Mode feature to send a message to everyone in the driver’s circle, suggesting not to text the driver. A follow up message is sent when the device is removed from the car.
By saying, “Mom’s location,” or asking “Where is Dave?” the system pinpoints the person’s location on a map and offers a location address.
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday
- January 2nd 2015 is confirmed Public Holiday – Abba Moro
- Kim Kardashian reveals reasons she rarely smile
- Nigerians will appreciate my good government after leaving office – Jonathan
- Yam farmers Group in the North pledges to support Buhari with N5 Billion
- Checkout fashion trending, Billionaire’s Daughter, Temi Otedola
- Fashola accuses Jonathan & Lambo for ruling country 4 years without any legacy to show
- INEC releases Timetable & Schedule of Activities for 2015 General Elections
- Latest Video showing Indonesia AirAsia Jet at the bottom of the Sea
- XP releases long awaited video “Jara e”
- Emma Nyra grabs her bo*bs in new release jamz “for my matter”
- Kunle Afolayan & family share “Vacation experience” pictures in Dubai
- Femi Otedola uses private jet to “airlift” daughter to Ghana
- 16 year Old Girl delivers a set of “Triplets” in Delta
- Is Oge Okoye’s marriage crashing by any Husband snatcher?
- Dino Melaye shares picture of the Day (GEJ performance Results) LOL
- Tonto Dikeh uses her Foundation to take care of Elderly People
- I will keep my virginity till wedding night – Jodie, Kuchikuchi crooner
- Muslim group regrets that GEJ is not leading the nation by example
- First Ebola case in UK after deadly disease is declining
- AirAsia updates: Airplane debris & Bodies of several victims recovered
- An App to reduce Accidents/Distractions on the Road initiative by Ford Motors & Life360