Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
President Goodluck Jonathan and his Vice, Namadi Lambo has been accused of ruling the country for four years without any legacy to show. This accusation was made by Lagos State Government yesterday.
The state government made the statement while reacting to the claim by the Sambo that many residents have been fleeing the state because of the high taxes imposed on them by the state government. The Vice President had made the claim on Wednesday, December 24th, during a reconciliation meeting of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP governorship aspirants in Lagos.
Reacting on behalf of the State Government, the Special Adviser to the State Governor on Information and Strategy, Mr. Lateef Raji, lamented that under the present administration, Nigerians have not “feel the presence of (Federal) government even in the remotest part of the country.”
According to him, “History will not forgive them (President Goodluck Jonathan and his Vice, Namadi Sambo) for running a full course of four-year Presidency without any legacy. If they lack the capacity to contend with other complex challenges confronting the nation, they do not have to be geniuses to plant a block of classroom or a paediatric ward in each of Nigeria’s public primary schools or general hospitals in the remaining five months of their tenure to at least appease yet impressionable children.”
He added “Now that he (Sambo) is back in Abuja, he can share his Lagos experience with his principal and impress on him without delay that the little sunshine left out there is still sufficient to hang fabrics out to dry. “The lesson for the Federal Government in all of these is that if the Presidency can summon the will power to rein in its members and ensure that oil receipts and accruals from other revenue heads are properly accounted for and remitted to the Federation Accounts, Nigeria would be better and the citizens would be happy.
“If the Federal Government had avoided situations where individuals present claims in billions of hard-earned money spent on hotel accommodation, air travels and all other such excesses in diversion of public funds, the Nigerian economy will not be in the sorry state it is today and we would all have been better for it,” he added
Raji described the Vice President as a junior partner in Nigeria’s uninspiring Presidency, saying “Rather than join the gabby gang in Abuja, simple greetings and a few compliments will do instead of making non-residential claims that are lacking in facts.
“If it is anything to do with Lagos the State Government will readily avail him of accurate data that could assist him to make informed deductions.
“The Lagos State Government had for long realized that the state, with its enormous social and economic potentials, cannot continue to depend on the allocation from the Federation Accounts if it must deliver on the popular expectations. Measures were then introduced to drive efficiency in the tax assessment and collection regimes by effectively plugging loopholes and leakages in the system. The result was the leap in the accruable to the coffers of the State Government.
“With this enhanced revenue profile, the government embarked on ambitious infrastructure upgrades to meet the critical areas of need like never experienced before. At any given time, not less than two hundred roads, not leaving out those of the Federal Government, are being executed.
“The Lagos State Government is not just “doing it” on the tube and the press; the testimonials abound all over the state for the people to see, feel and put to use.
“Without doubt, Sambo himself would have, during this visit, marvelled at the new look of Lagos even if he moved around all of his time in the city flying a helicopter. “The ordinary people even keyed into the tax system voluntarily bringing down the cost of tax administration and enforcement. “Nigerians would have been better secured and the people would feel the presence of government even in the remotest part of the country.
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday
- January 2nd 2015 is confirmed Public Holiday – Abba Moro
- Kim Kardashian reveals reasons she rarely smile
- Nigerians will appreciate my good government after leaving office – Jonathan
- Yam farmers Group in the North pledges to support Buhari with N5 Billion
- Checkout fashion trending, Billionaire’s Daughter, Temi Otedola
- An App to reduce Accidents/Distractions on the Road initiative by Ford Motors & Life360
- Fashola accuses Jonathan & Lambo for ruling country 4 years without any legacy to show
- INEC releases Timetable & Schedule of Activities for 2015 General Elections
- Latest Video showing Indonesia AirAsia Jet at the bottom of the Sea
- XP releases long awaited video “Jara e”
- Emma Nyra grabs her bo*bs in new release jamz “for my matter”
- Kunle Afolayan & family share “Vacation experience” pictures in Dubai
- Femi Otedola uses private jet to “airlift” daughter to Ghana
- 16 year Old Girl delivers a set of “Triplets” in Delta
- Is Oge Okoye’s marriage crashing by any Husband snatcher?
- Dino Melaye shares picture of the Day (GEJ performance Results) LOL
- Tonto Dikeh uses her Foundation to take care of Elderly People
- I will keep my virginity till wedding night – Jodie, Kuchikuchi crooner
- Muslim group regrets that GEJ is not leading the nation by example
- First Ebola case in UK after deadly disease is declining
- AirAsia updates: Airplane debris & Bodies of several victims recovered