Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Yam farmers across some northern states of Nigeria have pledged to support the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Gen. Mohammadu Buhari’s campaign in the 2015 general elections with N5 billion.
Rev. Jacob Musa, Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the farmers under the name “Buhari-Osinbajo Presidential Appeal Campaign Fund (BOPCAF), said that farmers from 10 states of the federation were planning the fund raiser. The group disclosed this in a statement made available to NAN in JOS on Tuesday, Dec 30th 2014
Musa said members drawn from Taraba, Nasarawa, Plateau, Adamawa, Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Niger and Kaduna states as well as the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, would feature at the occasion.
He said that Prof. Emmanuel Garba, who lost the governorship primary of the APC in Plateau, was a founding father of the group. “We have contributed five million tubers of yam to be donated in support of the funding of Buhari’s presidential campaign.
“The five million tubers of yam will be retailed at a special price of N1,000 each towards raising the sum of N5 billion in support of the APC candidate,” it said.
The statement said that the public presentation of the five million tubers of yam would hold at the Mararaban Demshin village yam market in Qua’an Pan Local Government Area of Plateau on Jan. 4, 2015.
It stated that the ceremony would also witness traditional wrestling involving 500 traditional wrestlers from the 19 northern states and the FCT.
“The aim is to mobilise the wrestlers in the campaign against poverty, crime, killings, kidnappings, armed robbery, cattle rustling, rape, cultism, election rigging, looting of public fund, smuggling, terrorism and other social vices now prevalent in the society,’’ it said.
The statement also said that the event would be heralded by a world press conference in Jos, sponsored by Imo Gov. Rochas Okorocha.
It added that the event would be attended by Gov. Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers in his capacity as the Director-General of the Buhari-Osibajo Campaign Organisation on Jan. 2, 2014.
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday
- January 2nd 2015 is confirmed Public Holiday – Abba Moro
- Kim Kardashian reveals reasons she rarely smile
- Nigerians will appreciate my good government after leaving office – Jonathan
- Yam farmers Group in the North pledges to support Buhari with N5 Billion
- Checkout fashion trending, Billionaire’s Daughter, Temi Otedola
- An App to reduce Accidents/Distractions on the Road initiative by Ford Motors & Life360
- Fashola accuses Jonathan & Lambo for ruling country 4 years without any legacy to show
- INEC releases Timetable & Schedule of Activities for 2015 General Elections
- Latest Video showing Indonesia AirAsia Jet at the bottom of the Sea
- XP releases long awaited video “Jara e”
- Emma Nyra grabs her bo*bs in new release jamz “for my matter”
- Kunle Afolayan & family share “Vacation experience” pictures in Dubai
- Femi Otedola uses private jet to “airlift” daughter to Ghana
- 16 year Old Girl delivers a set of “Triplets” in Delta
- Is Oge Okoye’s marriage crashing by any Husband snatcher?
- Dino Melaye shares picture of the Day (GEJ performance Results) LOL
- Tonto Dikeh uses her Foundation to take care of Elderly People
- I will keep my virginity till wedding night – Jodie, Kuchikuchi crooner
- Muslim group regrets that GEJ is not leading the nation by example
- First Ebola case in UK after deadly disease is declining
- AirAsia updates: Airplane debris & Bodies of several victims recovered