Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Kanu Nwankwo, former Super Eagles captain has admitted that 2014 was a disappointing year for Nigeria as he hopes that 2014 can be a new beginning for the national team.
Kanu, the former Arsenal player said that there is much work to be done to restore the three-time champions of Africa to their former glory. Here’s what he had to say:
“It is quite clear and we don’t need to shy away from the fact that Nigerian football did not fare well in the outgoing year,” Kanu told Goal. “This is as a result of the Super Eagles’ failure to qualify for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations holding in Equatorial Guinea.
“So if we are not featuring among the best countries in Africa that will participate in the 2015 AFCON, it simply means that something [went] wrong with our football this year.
“We didn’t do well in the game this year, it’s just the honest truth. There is nothing good to write home about as regards the senior national team of Nigeria.
“Mind you, FIFA rates our performance based on the Super Eagles not the age grade or the women’s national teams’ performances.
“It has been a disappointing year for Nigerian football. But by God’s grace, 2015 will be a new beginning for us.
“I sincerely pray that everybody involved in the entire crisis and problems that bedevilled Nigerian football in the year 2014 will sit back and look at themselves and have a rethink, have a change of heart and start working in earnest for the growth and good of the game in the country.”
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- Why GEJ could not visit the Chibok girls – Alhaji Yakasai
- Bride-to-be killed by a driver 10days to her wedding in Lagos
- Wizkid’s Baby-mama dating femi falana’s son, Falz
- Meet the first gay couple in Scotland
- Ways to refresh your marriage this 2015
- D’banj shows-off his new Awards from AFRIMA
- Meet the new Tunisia President, Essebsi (88-year old)
- TB Joshua to host memorial service for Bereaved South African relatives
- Lawmaker, Alhaji Yakubu defects from APC to PDP after loosing primaries
- Maheeda has a message to all her fans – do not open if you are not
- 2014 is a disappointing year for Nigerian Football – Kanu Nwankwo
- Seven Boko Haram members died in Explosive vehicle
- Tokunbo cars import tariff increases from 22% to 70% next year
- Only those who want to remain poor would vote for President GEJ – Prof Osinbajo
- More photos of Aisha & Tunde wedding in Lagos
- Man, 55 dis-virgined his 9year old daughter in Edo
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday