Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Boko Haram terrorists, seven in number feared death on Monday when an Improvised Explosive Device hidden in a Toyota Pick-up van they were driving exploded before they could get to Biu Market, Maiduguri, the Borno State capital.
A security source, who decided to remain anonymous spoke with the reporters at the scene from Biu, said the suspected terrorists hid the explosives among bags of beans and maize to create the impression that they were traders going to the market. But the IEDs exploded before they could get to the market, which the source said was their main target.
He said, “A Toyota pickup van loaded with maize and beans with IED hidden under it belonging to Boko Haram insurgents exploded near Chikwarkir village of Biu killing all its seven occupants.
“The insurgents must have intended to sneak into Biu Market to detonate the explosives and thereby kill many people. As you know, it is harvest period and people are taking their farm produce to the market but thank God the bomb exploded before they could get to the market.”
The soldier said that the insurgents must have specifically chosen Monday because they knew that Monday and Thursday were market days in Biu town, the headquarters of Biu Local Government Area of the state.
A transporter, Yusuf Ahmed after sharing views with the reporters, said they saw on Monday the corpses of the dead Boko Haram members along the roadside near Chikwarkir village.
He said, “We thought they were victims of an auto crash but the villagers told us they were members of Boko Haram sect that were trying to carry explosives to Biu Market but it exploded before they even got to Biu.” ..continue below
In a related development, scores of people were also said to have been killed and houses and shops burnt when Boko Haram insurgents attacked Kautikari village in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State.
A resident of the area, who fled to Biu, told reporters at the scene on Tuesday that the insurgents stormed the village on Monday night and killed scores of people and burnt some houses and shops.
He said, “We had to flee to the bush in the night before returning to the village the following day to pick our belongings.”
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- A suicide Bomber blows up himself in Gombe
- Buhari assures good governance if elected including free Education, affordable health care etc
- AirAsia Pilot drug test results may be invalid report
- President Jonathan commits to bring justice to Boko Haram
- President Goodluck promises to make Naira value stronger
- President G.E Jonathan New Year Message to Citizens
- Why GEJ could not visit the Chibok girls – Alhaji Yakasai
- Bride-to-be killed by a driver 10days to her wedding in Lagos
- Wizkid’s Baby-mama dating femi falana’s son, Falz
- Meet the first gay couple in Scotland
- Ways to refresh your marriage this 2015
- D’banj shows-off his new Awards from AFRIMA
- Meet the new Tunisia President, Essebsi (88-year old)
- TB Joshua to host memorial service for Bereaved South African relatives
- Lawmaker, Alhaji Yakubu defects from APC to PDP after loosing primaries
- Maheeda has a message to all her fans – do not open if you are not
- 2014 is a disappointing year for Nigerian Football – Kanu Nwankwo
- Seven Boko Haram members died in Explosive vehicle
- Tokunbo cars import tariff increases from 22% to 70% next year
- Only those who want to remain poor would vote for President GEJ – Prof Osinbajo
- More photos of Aisha & Tunde wedding in Lagos
- Man, 55 dis-virgined his 9year old daughter in Edo
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday