Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Commander-in-Chief of the Nigerian Armed Forces and President, Goodluck Jonathan earlier today, Thursday during the New Year message broadcast on radio and TV assures and vows to defeat Boko Haram in Nigeria. He said, as the President, he hears the cries and share the sorrow and pain of victims of insurgency that have been turned to widows and orphans by the terrorists and he would not abandon them.
The President said, “We are re-equipping and re-positioning our armed forces to enhance their capacity to win the ongoing war against terror and insurgency.
“Regrettably, terrorists have unleashed much pain and agony on our land. They have made widows of our mothers and sisters and orphans of our children.
“They have shut down businesses, desecrated places of worship and brought untold hardship to both men and women. They have violated the culture and peaceful way of life in our country, which took generations to build.
“They have destroyed countless schools and displaced people from their communities, driving them into exile.
“want to assure you that the terrorists will not get away with their atrocities: they will not win; they will be routed. As President, I feel the pain of all affected communities and families. I hear their cries and share their sorrow and pain.
“We will not forget; we will not look the other way. We have done a lot of painstaking planning and work to resolve the current security challenge. We will bring justice to the savage terrorists known as Boko Haram. They will be defeated.
“That is the solemn commitment I make today as President of the Federal Republic, and Commander-in-Chief of our Armed Forces.”
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- A suicide Bomber blows up himself in Gombe
- Buhari assures good governance if elected including free Education, affordable health care etc
- AirAsia Pilot drug test results may be invalid report
- President Jonathan commits to bring justice to Boko Haram
- President Goodluck promises to make Naira value stronger
- President G.E Jonathan New Year Message to Citizens
- Why GEJ could not visit the Chibok girls – Alhaji Yakasai
- Bride-to-be killed by a driver 10days to her wedding in Lagos