Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
First Lady of Lagos State, Dame Abimbola Fashola welcomes and carry First Baby of the Year 2015 in Lagos state, Baby of Mr and Mrs. Ogunnaike, deliver by Caesarean operation around 12:01 am. Female, Weight 2.3Kg, at Lagos Island Maternity with her Dr. Jide Idris, commissioner of Health and Dr. Yewande Adesina, Special adviser to governor on Public health, during the First Baby of the Year 2015 with Dame Abimbola Fashola, first Lady of Lagos state, in Lagos. on. 01/01/2015. Photo: Bunmi Azeez
Mrs Fashola made the remark during her goodwill visit to public hospitals to welcome the First Baby of the Year, organised by the state government.
Fashola urged parents, especially mothers, to be committed to laying good foundation for their children in the first five years of their lives, by making sure all the necessary vaccinations were taken. The Lagos State First Lady said quality parental care would make children grow to become healthy and successful citizens.
Earlier, Dr Jide Idris, the Lagos State Commissioner for Health, said that the event was an annual one to usher in new babies and share in the joy of the New Year.
Idris said that there had been tremendous improvements in the health services of the state, through the adoption of solid strategies and interventions.
The commissioner said there had been improved infrastructure, recruitment and training of personnel. He, however, urged mothers to make use of the available hospital services by attending antenatal and post natal care, immunization as well as by imbibing good diet and hygiene.
Also speaking on the occasion, Dr Yewande Adeshina, the Special Adviser to Governor Fashola on Public Health, advised mothers to ensure exclusive breastfeeding of their babies in the first six months of life. Adeshina said that babies were more vulnerable during this period of life, and required adequate care for proper growth and development.
She urged mothers to access family planning services at the primary health centres for adequate child-spacing and survival, to reduce infant mortality.
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- Difference between Divorcee and Divorce
- Yvonne Nwosu rocks it – shares her collections
- D’banj ex-girlfriend, Jennifer Obayuwana gets engaged
- Why do people cheat in a relationship?
- Twitter starts “While you are away” feature
- 7month-Old Baby boy got burnt by fire & died in Lagos
- 20,000 more security forces recruited by Cameroon to fight Boko Haram
- Gerrard plans to leave Liverpool after contract expires
- Suspected Kidnapper of 5year old boy got arrested
- Jonathan is the best Nigerian Presidential Candidate – Prof Oladipo
- Imagine what this Oyinbo man is doing in Lagos? Indiscipline
- President Jonathan felicitates with Muslims, Eid-el-Maulud
- Fashola meets and welcomes the first Baby born in Lagos
- Toyin Lawani’s Son, Jermaine is One – adorable pics