Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
The FG during the 25th and 26th convocations of FUTA Akure, promises to inject N1.2 trillion into the nation’s universities for infrastructural development and capacity building within the next three years.
According to President Jonathan, in the last one year, government in its pursuit of transformation of the nation’s universities has released N30 billion to all Federal Universities to clear arrears of earned allowances due to the various categories of staff.
With similar intention, government has also approved and disbursed N200 billion special intervention for capital projects to the Universities.
Speaking through Prof Azikwe Nwalu, the President pointed out that the revitalisation of the Universities is in line with the present administration’s transformation agenda.
He therefore urged the leadership of the universities to ensure prudence, accountability, trans-parency and delivery of value for money all the time.
President Jonathan also implored staff (teaching and non-teaching) to be committed and give the highest level of performance engendered by patriotism, dedication and selflessness
He urged students to eschew violence, shun all forms of anti social activities and ensure full time concentration in their studies.
The Vice Chancellor of the University, Prof Adebiyi Daramola said the university has made landmark achievements in teaching, research and community service.
Prof Daramola lauded the federal government for providing N5.6 million to the university for the special intervention on Needs Assessment the for disbursement in two phases.
Honorary degrees were also awarded to the founder of Afe Babalola University, Aare Emmanuel Afe Babalola SAN and an industrialist Alhaji Bashari Aminu.
- Ex-Eyimba Nigerian Player, Romanus Orjinta is dead
- Makeup flawless trending
- Smarter, British Tech Company develops Wi-Fi Coffee Machine
- Boko Haram kidnapped 40 boys and young men in Borno State
- 14-Month old Baby playing with python Snake
- Obi Emelonye, Award winning Movie Director shares family pix
- Kim’s facial surgery rumour
- Empress Njama displays her hot legs
- Jayz and Beyonce still rocking Love on motorcycle in Thailand
- Meet face of Tonto Dikeh’s Boyfriend
- I can’t betray Keshi, he’s my Boss – Daniel Amokachi
- Jonathan should quietly resign honourably – Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka
- Parents of kidnapped Chibok girls burst out tears & blast Jonathan
- Awolowo’s wife approves Osinbajo & Buhari
- Politics is a Do-or-Die Affair – Governor Ayo Fayose