Dr. Abdulahi Ganduje, the Deputy Governor of Kano State, says the state government is applying scientific approach to combat insecurity by installing surveillance cameras in strategic areas of the state.
Ganduje told journalists at the weekend: “We are also constructing gates as you enter Kano metropolis that will be fitted with cameras”.
“At least this will be better than the long queues of lorries you see security people checking without tangible results”, he stated.
“But, most importantly, it is the responsibility of the Federal Government to ensure that insurgency is checked.
“Apart from this, we also provide logistics when the need arises to combat insecurity in the state”.
Ganduje, who is also aspiring to take over from his boss, Governor Rabiu Kwankwanso, this year, vowed to continue all the developmental projects embarked upon by Kwankwanso if voted into office.
He said he had worked with his boss for almost 16 years to understudy him and build on his legacies as he leaves office this year.
- Ex-Eyimba Nigerian Player, Romanus Orjinta is dead
- Makeup flawless trending
- Smarter, British Tech Company develops Wi-Fi Coffee Machine
- Boko Haram kidnapped 40 boys and young men in Borno State
- 14-Month old Baby playing with python Snake
- Obi Emelonye, Award winning Movie Director shares family pix
- Kim’s facial surgery rumour
- Empress Njama displays her hot legs
- Jayz and Beyonce still rocking Love on motorcycle in Thailand
- Meet face of Tonto Dikeh’s Boyfriend
- I can’t betray Keshi, he’s my Boss – Daniel Amokachi
- Jonathan should quietly resign honourably – Rev Fr. Ejike Mbaka
- Parents of kidnapped Chibok girls burst out tears & blast Jonathan
- Awolowo’s wife approves Osinbajo & Buhari
- Politics is a Do-or-Die Affair – Governor Ayo Fayose