Passengers escape narrow death in Ebonyi as commercial bus bursts into flames

Always tune in to ( for freshest updates.

The bad news is that the fire, which started in the vehicle’s engine, burnt all the passengers’ luggage, but the good news is that passengers on board the commercial bus narrowly escaped death yesterday as the vehicle, an L-300 Mitsubushi, burst into flames along Ezza Road, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State.

It was learnt that the driver noticed an anomaly in the engine when he stopped momentarily to pick a secondary school student (names withheld).

A passenger recounted her experience: “After putting the schoolgirl’s luggage into the boot of the bus, the driver had hardly opened the bus for his passenger, when he noticed thick smoke emitting from the engine.

“As he rushed to open the boot, he was greeted by an outburst of flames and melting wires. All efforts to put out the fire proved abortive, as he had no fire extinguisher.”

It was also gathered that the passengers, who noticed the intensity of fire emitting from the engine, scampered for safety.

One of the passengers, identified as Mr. Eze Daniel, argued that the fire could not have escalated the way it did, if the driver of the bus had fire extinguisher.

It was also gathered that there was no fire service personnel in the area as, policemen made frantic efforts to avert undue vehicular traffic.

betasavers shipping ads
Sponsored Content

Follow ADELOVE on Twitter


Home Page

Follow ADELOVE on Twitter



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.