Report from the Defence Headquarter states that Nigerian troops on Saturday quashed a fresh attempt by Boko Haram militants to recapture Bama.
It can be recalled that Bama was retaken from Boko Haram last week.
Spokesperson for the military, Major General Chris Olukolade said that over a 20 militants died while others fled with wounds.
He said many more of the attacking terrorists also died as air patrol went after the fleeing ones.
He said the pursuit of the terrorists was still ongoing while calm had been restored and troops maintained firm control of Bama town. See Excerpts detailed:
“A Hilux vehicle as well as other equipment and some weapons were captured from the attackers,” Olukolade said.
“One soldier died while seven were wounded while repelling the attack.
“They have been evacuated from the combat area by air and are already receiving medical attention,” he said.
Olukolade said most of the towns slated to be cleared of terrorists were already covered.