Report from Ekiti State on Wednesday gathered that gunmen attacked the All Progressives Congress Secretariat and jubilant members of the party.
The APC members had just returned from the streets of Ado Ekiti where they had gone to celebrate the victory of the APC candidate, Maj. Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd.) in the Saturday’s Presidential election.
The state Publicity Secretary, Taiwo Olatubosun, who addressed journalists in Ado Ekiti after the attack said the gunmen came in three Hilux vans with Government House registration number and three men in police uniform sitting in the front.
Accusing Governor Ayodele Fayose and the Police of complicity in the attack, he said the party had earlier got information that plan was being hatched by some top officials in the Government House to prevent any celebration in the state.
He alleged that the gunmen were members of a killer gang sent to disrupt the APC victory party by the governor.
But Fayose said the attack was a self-sponsored attack by the APC to make it look like an attack from outside, urging the people to disregard the allegations.
Olatubosun wondered why the hoodlums attacked the secretariat unchallenged in the presence of a detachment of police led by the Divisional Police Officer of the Ologede Police Station, Ado Ekiti that had provided security for the APC.
According to him, the gunmen brandishing guns, cutlasses and axes, rained bullets on the secretariat and destroyed no fewer than five cars parked at the secretariat.
Olatunbosun mentioned Femi, Basiru, Ayo and Opeyemi as the alleged leaders of the attack.
The intensity of the attack, he said, forced party members and passers-by to scamper for safety.
“We had few members left when they came because some of our teeming members who held a peaceful victory procession were already leaving before they came. They shot at our secretariat.
“We were aware that they were coming but we never knew Governor Fayose could do anything funny because of the mood of the nation, though, we heard him boasting that he won’t allow anyone to mark the victory of Buhari in Ekiti State,” he said.