Compensation to be paid to the family of UNILAG student who was electrocuted

The Vice Chancellor of the University of Lagos, UNILAG, Professor Rahmon Bello stated that the family of late Miss Oluchi Anekwe who was electrocuted by a faulty cable must be compensated by Eko Electricity Distribution Plc, EKEDP.

According to report, Bello who spoke during a press briefing at UNILAG’s conference centre said:

“The Federal Government panel findings has established that the faulty cable which caused Oluchi’s death belong to EKEDP and they must pay compensation to the family of the deceased.

“EKEDP has put in place an Assurance Policy by an Insurance company whereby a compensation will be paid to family of a deceased in case of lost of life.

The Insurance company has been contacted to come and assess the damage and give their recommendations for compensation. As soon as this is done, we will know the amount.’’

Oluchi was 300-Level Accounting student at UNILAG and on Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at about 7pm an 11 KV overhead transmission cable that belonged to the EKEDP fell and electrocuted her while she was walking.

adelove global freight2

Advertisements

16 Comments

  1. Another future cut short cause of the careless society we leave in… God bless her soul.. her family need to pursuit this findings to ensure adequate compensation.

  2. What stupid compensation will that bring her back? They had better fix what ever that led to her death to avoid losing more lives.

  3. after admission into a varsity, some won’t make it out alive, while others that..few will still lose their lives to NYSC service…Nigeria is a garbage country

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.