President Muhammadu Buhari has hinted of a possible conviction of the former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col Sambo Dasuki, as he expressed disgust on the revelations pointing towards alleged misuse of funds voted for arm purchase during the past administration.
Buhari had expressed disappointment on the manner Dasuki allegedly handled funds meant for purchase of arms under the Goodluck Jonathan administration.
Buhari in an interview with Al Jazeera television aired on Sunday said the “With the revelations coming out from the arms probe, you can imagine where Dasuki will end up.”
He said the “sharing” of the funds for arms purchase was responsible for the boldness by which the Boko Haram sect operated in recent years.
When asked about reasons the government still continued to retain security votes despite misuse by officials of government, Buhari said the government has started the process of reducing the votes.
He said already, “While security votes of his office, his deputy’s, and a number of officials in the executive arm had been greatly reduced, plans were on to extend such to states.
“We are trying to recover such used for personal purposes. That is why we are prosecuting those who shared monies meant to procure hardware and software for the military.”