Officials at the Abuja headquarters of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation have said that they were aware of the attack on the crude pipeline that links Kaduna and Warri refineries on Friday.
They, however, refused to release any official statement on the issue, as they noted that the issue was being investigated by security agencies.
When contacted, the spokesperson of the corporation, Mr. Garba-Deen Mohammed, did not answer several calls to his mobile phone.
He also did not reply a text message sent to him up till the time of filing this report around 9pm.
But sources at the national oil firm stated that the development had been brought to the table of the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Dr. Ibe Kachikwu, whose office is located in one of the four towers of the NNPC.
“We have heard of the development, it was brought before the minister. But I’m not sure the corporation will be reacting to it because it is an issue that the security agencies are investigating,” a senior official of the firm, who pleaded anonymity,” said.