If you are in a relationship, this is the time for you to wake up and read these relationship behaviours. If your man is guilty of these, you need to rethink immediately before it is too late.
If your boyfriend exhibits these behaviours, you need to do the needful and run for your life before it is too late.
1. He abuses you emotionally or verbally: He humiliates you, puts you down and makes fun of you in front of other people. He is constantly threatening, bullying, and criticizing you without caring how it makes you feel. He makes you feel like you need permission to make decisions or go out and the list goes on. This can destroy your self-esteem, causing you to be depressed and also give up on yourself. No one should make you feel like you’re worth nothing. The earlier you realize you deserve better and gather the courage to leave the relationship, the better for you.
2. He physically abuses you: Many women have lost their lives, others have been deformed and many others are still living with the scars from an abusive relationship. Breaking may be more complicated than it seems but, for your sake, it’s the best thing you can do for yourself. You shouldn’t be anybody’s punching bag. You deserve better. It’s time to stop rationalizing his behavior as “normal” and move on.
3. He isolates you from your friends and family: If he is trying to isolate you from your loved ones, you should be careful. Any man who tries to isolate you from the people who truly love and care about you should not be trusted. It’s either he knows that your friends and family will try to make you see good reasons why you should not be with him or point out those dangerous flaws of his and he doesn’t want that. So, he tries to keep you far away from them. You should not have to sever relationships with your loved ones because of your partner. Your boyfriend must recognize that you are a person outside of the relationship.
4. Impossibly high standards and unrealistic expectations: Some boyfriends can be so delusional. They have the image of what they want their partner to be in their head and they expect you to be that way. They try to change you into something you’re not. You shouldn’t have to deal with someone who doesn’t allow you the luxury of being yourself. If you have to constantly keep pretending to be who you’re not and doing things you’re not comfortable with just to please your boyfriend then maybe, you shouldn’t be with him because when you get tired of pretending and start being you, there will be trouble.
5. Extreme possessive, obsessive behavior: When obsession is confused for love, relationships can become dangerous. At the beginning of the relationships, it’s natural for you to be the sole focus of your partner’s thoughts. You want to spend time together and are always thinking of each other when you’re not. It’s okay for him to be interested in your day-to-day activities but when it seems a little much, it may be cause for concern. If he becomes over-committed to knowing your whereabouts, who were you with, what time you went out, makes you feel guilty about going out, checks up on you excessively, he may be exhibiting overly-possessive behaviors and you may be putting yourself in a dangerous situation.
6. Disrespect: Be with someone who shows you that necessary degree of respect. If you realize that your boyfriend doesn’t respect you at all, it’s time to step back and ask yourself whether or not you should remain in a relationship where you’re not shown any respect. Relationships aren’t always easy, and you and your partner won’t always get along but, should however, always respect each other.
7. He can never apologise: If you’re boyfriend never apologises when he’s wrong, you need to be concerned. This may not seem like a big deal but goes to show that he thinks he’s superior in the relationship. If you’re wrong, you should be able to say you’re sorry, what’s the big deal. Sometimes, it’s hard to admit our mistakes and say sorry. But, a man who never apologises or sees any reason why he should apologise to a woman should be ‘feared’.
It’s time to stop rationalizing certain behavior as “normal”. Learn how to recognize when its’ time to end the relationship and move on with your life before it’s too late.