Man Gets Electrocuted by High Voltage in Delta Community After Years of Blackout (Photo+Video)

A family from Ubulu-Uku in Delta State has been thrown into a state of mourning after an electrical fault resulted in the death of their son after many years of blackout.

electric-shock

A man has tragically lost his life after getting electrocuted as a result of high voltage power which shattered electrical appliances in his house. The incident happened in a community in Delta State.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”60438″]

The community which has been without light for six years were left in mourning after when the man identified as Peter attempted to turn off a control switch at his family house.

Esther Okolie, a corporate affairs operator representing Benin Distribution Coy, said the high voltage was caused because of a failed insulator on their KV network. However, she claimed that the man who got electrocuted was not as a result of the incident.

Trying to exonerate his company, she said, Peter’s hand came in contact with a live wire, which was used to illegally extend supplies to another apartment. The company has been warned by the community to improve the distribution lines in order to stabilise voltage and prevent a recurrence of such ugly incident.

Advertisements

2 Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.