Fire outbreak at National Assembly

Fire outbreak at National Assembly

There was a fire outbreak in the early hours of yesterday at the fourth floor of the new building of the Senate wing of the National Assembly.

The incident, which eyewitnesses said occurred at about 7am yesterday, was immediately put out by men of the Federal Fire Service attached to the National Assembly.

The incidence only affected the office of the Deputy Chief Whip of the Senate, Senator Francis Alimikhena, who was away when the outbreak occurred.

A staff in the office, who spoke to Newsmen, claimed that the fire outbreak was caused by an exploded Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) placed in front of the entrance door leading to the office of Alimikhena.

According to the staff, no injury was sustained and no important document was destroyed either. When our correspondent visited the place at about 12 noon, staff of the office were seen moving important documents out but no senator was not around.

Some offices within the burnt office were temporarily vacated, while committee meetings, which were billed to hold in room 327, was moved to another room.

AdeLove Facebook Page is temporarily UnderConstruction … See our New Page for now

 

Advertisements

4 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.