“An apple a day keeps the doctor away”… so the welsh proverb says. But have you wondered what makes the fruit so special? What health benefits are associated with eating apples?
In fact, Apples were ranked first in Medical News Today’s featured article “What are the Top 10 Healthy Foods?”
In 2004, USDA scientists investigated over 100 foods to measure their antioxidant concentration per serving size. We might want to wonder what “Antioxidant” means. Antioxidants to my best of knowledge are disease-fighting compounds. Scientists believe these compounds help prevent and repair oxidation damage that happens during normal cell activity.
Apples are also full of a fibre called pectin. Pectin is classed as a soluble, fermentable and viscous fibre, a combination that gives it a huge list of health benefits.
The oyinbo don dey too much sef… let’s jump right quick into “The benefits of eating Apples”
– Apple gives you whiter & healthier teeth (when biting & chewing but it won’t replace your toothbrush)
– Drinking Apple Juice could keep Alzheimer’s away & fighting the effects of aging on the brain
– Decrease your risk of diabetes
– Curb all sorts of cancers (Also a good flat tummy food)
– Protect against Parkinson’s
– Reduce cholesterol & gives a healthier heart
– Prevent gallstones & beat diarrhea and constipation
– Control your weight & detoxify your liver
– Prevent Cataracts & boost your immune system
Do you think you deserve a good healthy living? If YES… you may follow & like us to get latest updates from:
Follow us on Twitter
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on google+
Love us on Instagram
Pin us on Pinterest
Lots Luv from ADELOVE Team…
Don’t miss out! Sign up for our free weekly newsletter for more benefits reading from adelove blog. Thank you & Lots Love!