According to the Physician Hippocrates “The Ancient Greek” Father of Western Medicine.. Said & i quote… “Let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food”.
Garlic is a plant in the Allium (Onion) family. it is closely related to onions, shallots and leeks. It grows in many parts of the world and is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong smell and delicious taste.
However, throughout ancient history, the main use of garlic was for its health and medicinal properties..
Garlic has been proven to treat a variety of medical conditions. Well, modern science has recently confirmed many of these beneficial health effects.
– Garlic contains a compound called Allicin, which has potent medicinal properties. Allicin enters the body from the digestive tract and travels all over the body, where it exerts its potent biological effects
– Garlic is highly nutritious with very few calories.
– Garlic can combat sickness, including the common cold. It is known to boost the immune system
– Garlic can help to reduce Blood Pressure, hypertension. it contains important anti-cancer properties by lowering risk of virtually all cancer types
– Garlic improves Cholesterol levels, by lowering the risk of Heart Disease.
– Garlic contains Antioxidants that may help prevent Alzheimer’s Disease and Dementia
– Garlic may help you live longer
– Garlic was traditionally used in ancient cultures to reduce fatigue and enhance the work capacity of Labourers. It was administered to Olympic Athletes in Ancient Greece
– Eating Garlic can help detoxify heavy metals in the body. The sulfur compounds have been shown to protect against organ damage from heavy metal toxicity.
– Garlic may improve bone health. Studies have shown that it can minimize bone loss by increasing estrogen in females
– Garlic is easy to include in your diet and tastes absolutely delicious