Did you know the Ancient Egyptians believed that eating lemons and drinking lemon juice was an effective protection against a variety of poisons, and that recent research has confirmed this belief?
There are many health benefits of lemons that have been known for centuries. The two biggest are lemons’ strong antibacterial, antiviral, and immune-boosting powers and their use as a weight loss aid because lemon juice is a digestive aid and liver cleanser. Lemons contain many substances–notably citric acid, calcium, magnesium, vitamin C, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene–that promote immunity and fight infection.
Health Benefits eating or drinking Lemon Juice
– Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
– It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
– Lemon contains citric acid, which can be effective in treating acne. The vitamin C found in citrus fruits is vital for that healthy glowing skin while its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
– Aids Digestion, helps in weight loss and Boosts your Immune system
– Research has shown that lemon balm has a calming effect and therefore may be able to help remove fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness, and tension. It is also believed that inhaling lemon oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness. It can therefore be used as a room freshener in offices to increase the efficiency of the employees.
– Lemon is always a helpful remedy against fever, chills
– When you have a cold, the healing power of lemons works both internally, by supplying urgently required vitamin C to your defense cells, and externally on the mucous membranes in the nose and throat.
– Do you know Lemon offers relief on skin infection such as eczema?
– Lemon can help freshen breath that has gone sour after consuming certain spices, alcohol, cigarettes, or that is caused by insufficient salivation.
– Lemon plus Garlic have been shown to be effective in the fight against hypertension.
– Several studies have found that Lemon balm helps reduce anxiety and promote sleep.
– Lemon juice helps to control rheumatism due to its powerful alkaline content
– Drinking the Lemon Juice after meal helps to stimulate the production of stomach acid and the activity of stomach muscles.
Medical Precautions Note:
If you suffer from heartburn, kidney or gall bladder problems or have a citrus allergy consult your doctor before using these remedies or drinking lemon juice. To protect your teeth enamel, wait at least half an hour before brushing your teeth after chewing, drinking or rinsing with lemon juice. Rubbing lemon juice or oil and drinking lemon juice is not suitable for children under the age of 10. Lemons are effective home remedies for a variety of health concerns but in the case of serious illness always consult your doctor first.