Honey, one of the oldest sweeteners on earth, was used as traditional medicine and thought to be effective as treating material imbalances in the body. Honey is so good we have included it in our list of healthiest foods that should be in your kitchen right now.
Bees swallow, digest and regurgitate nectar to make honey; this nectar contains almost 600 compounds. We need our bees, so let’s do everything we can to save them and keep them here on this earth. But sometimes i wonder How about if it stings you? lol
Let’s get to the real business now. Research shows that Egyptian and Ancient Greeks believed that consuming honey could help make you live longer.
- Prevent cancer and heart disease (contains flavonoids)
2. Reduce ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders.
3. All Honey are Anti-bacterial, anti-fungal
4. Increase athletic performance.
5. Reduce cough and throat irritation and allowing proper sleep
6. Good medicine to – improve eyesight, weight loss, cure impotence and premature ejaculation, urinary tract disorders, bronchial asthma, diarrhea and nausea
7. Blood sugar regulation. Honey contains simple sugar but not same as white sugar or artificial sweeteners.
8. Heal wounds and burns:
9. useful for beautify skin
- Best not to feed to infants. Spores of Clostridium botulinumhave been found in a small percentage of honey in North America. This is not dangerous to adults and older children, but infants can have a serious reaction of illness in the first year. Do not add honey to baby food or use as a soother to quiet a fussy or colicky baby. Most Canadian honey is not contaminated with the bacteria causing infant botulism, but it’s still best not to take the chance.
- Honey is a sugar, so do not eat jars full of it if you value your good health and want to maintain a healthy weight. It has a high caloric value and will put you on a sugar high and low.
- “…when honey is heated above 108 degrees Fahrenheit, it becomes transformed into a glue-like substance that is extremely difficult to digest. This substance is considered a toxin (ama), since it adheres to the tissues of the body and is very difficult to remove.”