Parsley is an herb. The leaf, seed, and root are used to make medicine. It is a popular culinary and medicinal herb, which is recognized as one of the functional food for its unique antioxidants, and disease preventing properties.
sponsored video Clip
I’m still up to know the name in Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa. Please drop the name at the comments below if you do (Thanks!). I remembered a friend got it from “Shoprite” at The Palms Shopping mall in Lagos.
This herb is a small plant featuring dark-green leaves used in Mediterranean, East European, and American cuisine.
Some people apply parsley directly to the skin for cracked or chapped skin, bruises, tumors, insect bites, lice, parasites, and to stimulate hair growth. In foods and beverages, parsley is widely used as a garnish, condiment, food, and flavoring. In manufacturing, parsley seed oil is used as a fragrance in soaps, cosmetics, and perfumes.
Health Benefits of Parsley
Parsley is used for:
– Controlling blood-cholesterol. It is one of less calorific herb that contains zero cholesterol and fat but rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals and dietary fiber.
– Therapeutic application in Dentistry for teeth and gum diseases. This is from the essential oil, Eugenol.
– The herb is also rich in many antioxidant vitamins, including Vitamin-A, Vitamin-C, Vitamin-E, zea-xanthin, lutein, and beta-carotene. It is also an excellent source of vitamin-K and folates. It helps prevent age-related macular degeneration in the retina of the eye in the old age population.
– It is, perhaps, the richest herbal source for Vitamin K. Vitamin K has been found to have the potential role in bone health by promoting osteotrophic activity in the bones. It has also established role in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in the brain.
– Parsley is for Urinary tract infections (UTIs)
– Parsley is for Kidney stones (nephrolithiasis)
– Parsley is for Gastrointestinal (GI) disorders
– Parsley is for Constipation, jaundice, intestinal gas (flatulence),indigestion, colic,
– Parsley is for Diabetes, cough, asthma, fluid retention (edema), osteoarthritis, “tired blood” (anemia)
– Parsley is for High blood pressure, prostate conditions, and spleen conditions.
– It is also used to start menstrual flow, as an aphrodisiac, and as a breath freshener.
This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. If you are breast-feeding, during pregnant, Diabetic, high blood pressure patients, Surgery & Kidney disease Patients, you should always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.
Do you think you deserve a good healthy living? If YES… you may follow & like us to get latest updates from: