Do you know what Coconut oil is called in Igbo or Hausa (Please drop it at the comments below). It is called “Ororo Agbon” in Yoruba (if i’m not mistaken lol)
“Coconut oil” is the most nutrient dense part of the coconut. It is solid at room temperature like butter. It doesn’t break down in heat or light or become rancid like many oils, and in my opinion has a wonderful tropical smell.
It is a wonderful way to increase the amount of healthy fats in your diet, and is helpful in assimilation of fat soluble vitamins.
For years, “health” advice has warned against consuming saturated fats, and coconut oil has gotten thrown out with the rest without good reason! If you are still concerned about saturated fat, consider taking a second look. Even if you still avoid/limit saturated fats, it is important to note that not all saturated fats behave the same way in the body. Coconut oil, due to its high lauric acid content, is actually beneficial to the body. It is also fascinating to note that countries like Thailand eat very high amounts of saturated fats like coconut oil and lard, and have very low levels of disease on average.
In fact, people consuming a traditional diet in Thailand have less instance of heart disease and the lowest rates of cancer for all 50 countries studied by the World Health Organization. Diabetes is TEN times more frequent in the United States that in Thailand, despite (or perhaps because of) their high fat consumption.
If you haven’t already started using coconut oil, there are many ways that you can get this nutrient packed powerhouse into your diet/lifestyle – cooking, Skin lotion, smoothies making, homemade mayo, snacks, eye makeup remover, Dandruff remedy and hair conditioner, for shaving, Massage oil, coffee or tea etc.
Coconuts are an excellent source of nutrition and have healthful meat, juice, and oil. The oil is arguably the most nutritious and has many health benefits. Coconut oil is over 90% saturated fat and has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
Virgin Organic Coconut oil – Health Benefits:
- Helps to lower cholesterol and blood pressure with the help of its high lauric acid content
- Helps to improve thyroid health. It travels directly to the liver without the need for hormones or enzymes in digestion
- It helps to prevent or provides relief from liver diseases, kidney & gall bladder problems, dissolve kidney stones, treat pancreatitis, heart diseases, HIV, Cancer and helps to improve dental quality and bone strength.
- Coconut oil can help boost metabolism.
- It is good in removing stress. Applying coconut oil to the head, followed by a gentle massage, helps to eliminate mental fatigue.
- Helps to treat Cardiovascular disease, Diabetes. it is beneficial and good for your heart health.
- It is good for weight loss and also boost your immune system.
- Can increase bone strength by allowing better absorption of calcium, vitamin D, and other minerals
- It’s antifungal properties have been shown to help prevent, reduce, cure Candida, yeast in the body and fight yeast infections
- Can help fight infection and flu due to its antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial properties
This information is meant to supplement, not replace advice from your doctor or healthcare provider and is not meant to cover all possible uses, precautions, interactions or adverse effects. If you are breast-feeding, during pregnant, Diabetic, high blood pressure patients, Surgery & Kidney disease Patients, you should always speak with your doctor or health care professional before you start, stop, or change any prescribed part of your health care plan or treatment and to determine what course of therapy is right for you.
Do you think you deserve a good healthy living? If YES… you may follow & like us to get latest updates from: