Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
few hours ago, the first gay wedding ceremonies in Scotland took place on Wednesday just after the stroke of midnight, as two couples tied the knot in Glasgow.
Dressed in kilts, Joe Schofield and Malcolm Brown, both 42, entered the Trades Hall to the sound of bagpipes at 11:30 pm on Tuesday, and after the clock chimed midnight, the formalities got under way.
They said: “We are very proud to be one of the first couples in Scotland to be able to officially call ourselves husband and husband.
“This is an amazing chapter in Scotland’s history which we are all witnessing and can be proud of.
“Scotland is leading the way in fairness and equality for all, and we would like to thank all those who campaigned so tirelessly for this change.”
They exchanged rings and embraced before signing the marriage register. Then Liz Lochead, Scotland’s national poet, read a specially-composed sonnet.
The couple also drank whisky from a quaich, a two-handled vessel often referred to as “the loving cup”, as per the Scottish tradition.
“We’ll go about our lives as normal, except I can confidently and happily say — at last — ‘this is my husband’. That’s great!” Brown told BBC television.
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- A suicide Bomber blows up himself in Gombe
- Buhari assures good governance if elected including free Education, affordable health care etc
- AirAsia Pilot drug test results may be invalid report
- President Jonathan commits to bring justice to Boko Haram
- President Goodluck promises to make Naira value stronger
- President G.E Jonathan New Year Message to Citizens
- Why GEJ could not visit the Chibok girls – Alhaji Yakasai
- Bride-to-be killed by a driver 10days to her wedding in Lagos
- Wizkid’s Baby-mama dating femi falana’s son, Falz
- Meet the first gay couple in Scotland
- Ways to refresh your marriage this 2015
- D’banj shows-off his new Awards from AFRIMA
- Meet the new Tunisia President, Essebsi (88-year old)
- TB Joshua to host memorial service for Bereaved South African relatives
- Lawmaker, Alhaji Yakubu defects from APC to PDP after loosing primaries
- Maheeda has a message to all her fans – do not open if you are not
- 2014 is a disappointing year for Nigerian Football – Kanu Nwankwo
- Only those who want to remain poor would vote for President GEJ – Prof Osinbajo
- More photos of Aisha & Tunde wedding in Lagos
- Man, 55 dis-virgined his 9year old daughter in Edo
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday