Always tune in to (adelove.com) for freshest updates.
Alhaji Tanko Yakasai, Elder statesman and Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, has said it was too risky for President Jonathan to visit Chibok when about 234 school girls were kidnapped by Boko Haram militants in April 2014 from the Government Girls Secondary School Chibok in Borno State. Yakasai made this disclosure on a popular Radio Nigeria Kaduna Hausa programme, “Hannu da Yawa”.
According to him, “Why I think the president’s decision not to visit the area is not bad is because we were all aware of the deteriorating level of insecurity in that part of the country. We all know it was too risky for the president to visit Chibok at that time. The president is not a soldier, soldiers are the people that should be sent there. If I was the president and such an incident occurred, the right thing for me to do was to send soldiers and to be frank, our soldiers are doing their best. We are hearing on radio and reading on newspapers how soldiers are being killed but yet they are doing their best.
“I don’t know what is happening, the Minister of Defence, Ali Gusau, is a northerner, the National Security Adviser is a northerner, the Inspector General of Police is northerner, the Chief of Defence Staff is also a northerner. All Nigerian soldiers are under his order, if all these people cannot address the problem how would it be easy for the president to do it? Don’t forget that suicide bombers are now experts, so what will happen if they ambushed the president and something bad happened to him? Do you think his people will accept that? Except if people want the country to return to the Niger Delta militants era.” He said
See today’s trending news/entertainment gist below
- Why GEJ could not visit the Chibok girls – Alhaji Yakasai
- Bride-to-be killed by a driver 10days to her wedding in Lagos
- Wizkid’s Baby-mama dating femi falana’s son, Falz
- Meet the first gay couple in Scotland
- Ways to refresh your marriage this 2015
- D’banj shows-off his new Awards from AFRIMA
- Meet the new Tunisia President, Essebsi (88-year old)
- TB Joshua to host memorial service for Bereaved South African relatives
- Lawmaker, Alhaji Yakubu defects from APC to PDP after loosing primaries
- Maheeda has a message to all her fans – do not open if you are not
- 2014 is a disappointing year for Nigerian Football – Kanu Nwankwo
- Only those who want to remain poor would vote for President GEJ – Prof Osinbajo
- More photos of Aisha & Tunde wedding in Lagos
- Man, 55 dis-virgined his 9year old daughter in Edo
- Joke of the Day_Akpoboro did what he could do best
- Meet Co-Joined Twins, Ronnie & Donnie Galyon that celebrate 63rd birthday