N2.6bn fraud: 16 Bank officials to be arraigned Oct 13

Justice Ibrahim Buba of the Federal High Court in Lagos has adjourned the arraignment of 16 bank officials charged with N2.6 billion fraud till October 13.

court
The accused are: Nigeria International Bank Ltd, Chief C. S Sankey, Adekunle Oladosun, Okechi Egwu, Lulu Ndubuka, Oyowole Ariyo, Kabiru Bello, and J.E Eriagbon,
Others are: Samson Ebie, Steve Obodomechine, Mikky Dons Nig. Ltd, Mark Anaele, Peter Harris, Peter Oriade, Olusola Fagbure and Obianwa Chuba.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”60438″]

They are charged on 20 counts bordering on Conspiracy, intent to defraud, falsification of documents, fraudulent alteration and diversion of over N2. 6 billion belonging to MicMerah International Agency Ltd.

The case could not go on on Monday due to the absence of the trial judge, who was said to be away on official assignment.

The court’s registrar however, issued October 13 as new adjourned date to parties.

It will be recalled that the arraignment of the accused had previously been stalled on Feb. 9, March 2, and April 11, following the inability of the prosecution to serve the accused with the criminal summons.

In the charge, the accused were alleged to have conspired to induce MicMerah International Agency Ltd, to deliver the said sum to them, to be used for offsetting a fraudulent import finance facility scheme.

They were also alleged to have falsified documents to fraudulently secure the release of four Volvo luxury buses and two 40 feet containers from the Nigeria Custom Service.

Besides, the accused are also charged with obtaining property by false pretence, as well as corruptly enriching themselves.

Advertisements

3 Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.