35-year-old farm manager strangled to death in Ogun

Gbenga Kiki, a farm manager, was reportedly strangled to death by unknown persons while harvesting the crop on a farmland in Orisada-Eyo community in the Yewa South Local Government Area of Ogun State.


The 35-year-old father of two, was killed last Sunday while harvesting tomatoes on the farmland.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”60438″]

According to Newsmen reports, the manager left for the farm on his motorcycle around 12pm with his nine-year-old daughter, who was latter found at a junction some hours later, and was taken home by a good samaritan.

Gbenga’s corpse was, last Thursday, discovered by some members of a vigilance group.

The deceased’s mother, Celina Kiki, told Newsmen that the assailants trailed her son to the farm and killed him.

She said, “It was around 12pm on Sunday. I prepared food for him and asked him to eat before going to the farm as he had much work to do. He insisted on going, adding that he would return to eat as he was not going to stay long. He went on his motorcycle.

“He said I should keep the food for him. When it was, however, getting late, I became worried that he had not returned. Minutes later, I saw a man riding his motorcycle home. The man brought back Gbenga’s daughter.

“I was shocked and knew that something bad had happened. The girl could not explain anything. The attackers must have dropped her at a junction while they went to carry out their wicked act.

“We kept on searching for Gbenga until Thursday when his corpse was found on the farmland. We do not know who killed him. I am still in pains.”

A community leader, who identified himself only as Odebiyi, urged the police to be thorough in their investigation.

He said, “The two suspects arrested should be quizzed thoroughly by the police. They may have useful information about the case. One of them is known as Dauda. He was a former manager of the farmland where Gbenga worked.”

The Ogun State acting Police Public Relations Officer, Abimbola Oyeyemi, said the police were investigating Gbenga’s death.

He said, “The matter was initially reported as a case of missing person. But when the corpse was eventually found in a bush, no mark of violence was discovered on him. The owner of the farm and another person were invited for questioning. The police will determine if there was any foul play.”



Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.