Just after the judge presiding over the criminal matter against him made his ruling, Nnamdi Kanu addressed his relatives and supporters who were able to make it into the courtroom today, September 26.
Speaking to his supporters, while seated on one of the chairs in the courtroom, Kanu in a defiant tone said: “What we are fighting for is corruption.”
The judge, Justice John Tsoho, who was presiding over criminal charges bordering on treasonable felony among others against Kanu, has earlier today disqualified himself from the matter.
Below are six quotes from the IPOB leader to his supporters after today’s court session:
- “What we are fighting for is corruption.”
- “Wherever we see corruption, we fight corruption; it doesn’t matter who is involved.”
- “Once there is corruption we fight it.”
- “When will he (the judge) be sacked? I want him to be sacked as a judge.”
- “All of you that came out, we appreciate.”
- “But as you can see, the court is empty, we would prefer that this court be full anytime we are coming here.”