Today's Trending

Edo guber: INEC denies allegation of ballot box snatching, gunshots

It was gathered that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has denied report of ballot box snatching and gunshots in some polling centres during the Edo governorship election on Wednesday.

INEC-box

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole had earlier said he received a report that some thugs allegedly snatched ballot boxes at Opoji in Esan North-East Local Government Area during the election.

[pro_ad_display_adzone id=”60438″]

Oshiomhole also alleged that the suspected snatchers shot sporadically before taking away the ballot boxes.

Mr Nick Dazang, INEC Deputy Director of Voter Education and Publicity, made the denial in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) on Wednesday.

“I just called Mr Solomon Soyebi, who is the National Commissioner supervising the election and has denied the allegation of gunshots and ballot box snatching at Opoji in Esan North-East Local Government Area of the state,” Dazang said.

On the reported accident involving a youths corps member serving with INEC, Dazang said he had not heard “any such sad news”, but promised to get back to our Correspondent “if there is anything like that’’.

4 Comments on Edo guber: INEC denies allegation of ballot box snatching, gunshots

  1. Ok we’ve heard

    Like

  2. Continue lying.. time will tell

    Like

  3. What will they say before

    Like

  4. Issokay

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: