(Episode 8) Thorn that almost altered my Destiny … An intriguing Story!

In short, after hesitation, Funke finally agreed to spend one of Kenny’s bags for hers. Let me quickly please throw a special warning to all AdeLove Readers (ALF), a little reminder of the safety rules comes like this: “Do not accept any luggage or packages of a third party, whatever the motive.”

thorn-destiny13

Funke comes out of the airport and sees that Kenny has already stopped a taxi and was waiting for her. He looks pensive and was like one who is afraid that something may go wrong before he leaves the airport.

Funke: “Hey, why are you looking tensed, is anything the matter? You weren’t like this when we came out of the plane. What’s up? Care to share? ”

Kenny: “Nothing mehn, you took so long in there that I was afraid something may have gone wrong.”

Funke: “Something gone wrong, how? Were you expecting anything to go wrong? What is inside the bag you gave me anyway. It feels so heavy”

Kenny: “Will you just shut up and get into the car? You are beginning to get on my nerves with your too many questions.”

Funke: “Okay, I have heard you, you don’t have to shout at me.”

Kenny: “Just get into the damn car.”

Funke: “Nawa o. Take it easy now”

————————————————————————————————

When they get to his apartment, Funke notices that everywhere is dirty and unkempt. His clothes are scattered all over the bed, dirty boxers lying on the floor, singlets on the chairs and the bedsheet looks like it has not been washed in ages. In fact, the white bedsheet has changed colour from white to brown. In a minute, she takes all about his room into account, it is a direct contrast with how he looks. When she met him in the airport, he was well dressed in black suit with deep blue tie and grey swede shoes. He had a Rolex watch on his wrist  his crocodile skin brief case gave him away as a very influential person. She couldn’t reconcile the difference between his apartment and appearance, so she asks.

Funke: “Is this where you live? Like, is this your house? I’m confused”

Kenny: “No, this is not where I live, this is where I fly. And, it is not my house, it is your own. You seem not to be smart”

Funke: “Oh, I only wanted to…”

Kenny: “Ooooh, why don’t you stop asking stupid questions and get in to kitchen and make us something to eat. I am starving”

Funke: “I beg your pardon? I should go where and do what? What are you even feeling like sef?”

Kenny: “See this girl dey speak Oyibo for me. No be only I beg your pardon, na I crave your indulgence. Abeg enter kitchen arrange something mek we chop jare. Alarm dey stone me anyhow”

Funke is obviously shocked and taken aback. She cannot believe her ears. “Is this the gentle man she met at the airport in Nigeria? How did he easily change as soon as they get here,” she asks herself.

Funke: “You mean you can speak pidgin this much? Hmmm wonders shall never end” she puts her hands akimbo

Kenny: “Ah, Oluwa o, kiloshe girl yi? Pidgin English is now a topic for question? Hian! Abeg, shift enter kitchen.”

Like one under a spell, she finds her way into the kitchen, there in the sink are dirty plates and pots. It appears like he didn’t even wash his plates before travelling down to Nigeria. The kitchen has the smell of rotten food, she notices that the stench is coming from the waste basket which is over pouring with all sorts of debris including rotten food and fruits.  She decides to clean up the kitchen first as there is no clean utensil for her to use. She finished washing the plates in half an hour’s time and then she couldn’t find any food stuff in the kitchen nor ingredients with which to cook. She goes back to the sitting room where Kenny is already dozing. She didn’t know if she should wake him up or quietly lie down on the scattered bed too since she is also tired from the long flight. She opted for the latter and is about dusting the bed to sleep when Kenny’s husk voice caused her to startle.

Kenny: “What do you think that you are doing? Are we going to eat on the bed?”

Funke: “I am dressing the bed, so that we can sleep.” She says confidently

Kenny: “Sleep as how, where is the food you were cooking?”

Funke: “I haven’t started cooking any food. I was cleaning up the mess you left in your kitchen before travelling and when I finished, I couldn’t find anything to cook. I guess there is no food in the house.”

Kenny: “ki ni there is no food in the house? Shebi you are a woman? Isn’t that what women do? Enter the kitchen and cook food even when we men can’t find anything in the kitchen?”

Funke: “No, there you are wrong. Women are not magicians and if other women are, I am not. I don’t know how to manufacture food and cook when there is no food stuff or ingredient in the kitchen. ”

Kenny: “Did you check the carton of noodles on the upper shelve?”

funke: “No, I didn’t check. My hands can’t get up there. How would I have known that there was something there when the kitchen looks like a mad man’s playground?”

Kenny: “Well carry a stool and climb up there so that your hands can get there. Pick the noodles and cook.”

Funke: “Why should I be the one to climb up to get that? Why don’t you just help me get it since you are taller and besides, its your house.”

Kenny: “You don’t order me around in my house. You do as I say, okay?”

She obeys and picks a stool and went to the kitchen. She climbs on it and is stretching her hands to reach out for the cartoon of the noodles when she falls and  with her buttocks to the ground. The noise of the fall infuriated Kenny who was fizzling with his Samsung tablet.

Kenny: “What is that noise? I hope you are not scattering my kitchen.”

Funke ignores and opens the carton, she finds only two packets of small sized noodles.  She cooks it and brings it to the sitting room where Kenny is already dozing again.”

When he hears her set the food on the ground, he opens his eyes and reaches for the spoon. He launches at the food like one who has been starving for days. He doesn’t even wait for Funke who has gone to get water from the fridge. When she returns with the water, he had almost finished eating the noodles. Funke is shy and too shocked to protest.

Kenny: “Oh, I am sorry, I forgot that you are in there so I almost ate up the food. Thank God you came out when you did, else, you would have met nothing in the plate.”

Funke: “You really do not expect me to eat what is left, do you? This bobo sha, I no blame you.”

She storms out of the sitting room and goes for a cold shower. While she is bathing, she cries,  hot tears of regret and nostalgia for Nigeria floods her face. She wishes that she is in Nigeria, no one would have treated her so.

Funke: “Right from the first day I started the process of coming to this America, it has been one problem or the other. Afterall all that I went through on my way here, see the kind of first night experience I  am having. Oh God, who I offend wey no wan allow me rest sotey the person pursue me come America?” She laments.

She has just slept for about an hour and is about to fall into a deep sleep when she hears Kenny make his way to the bed where she is. He had already removed his clothes and had on him only boxers. He draws near to her, plants a kiss on her forehead and said “Open”.

Funke: “Open what?”

Kenny: “Your legs, I want to go in.”

Question: Is Kenny a player? Why does he want to make love to Funke on their first night? Should she allow him?

SEE Episode 9 Below

99 Comments on (Episode 8) Thorn that almost altered my Destiny … An intriguing Story!

1. It takes a special grace to meet a God-fearing man in America

2. oh Poor Funke.. Nothing good comes easy. It is Well with you My Dear

3. Kenny na sharp sharp like that?

4. That’s too harsh. you can’t be talking to a lady like that @Kenny

5. Abeg make una excuse Kenny, the guy wan do oo! Body no be firewood

6. Esther Nnoli // November 1, 2016 at 7:11 am // Reply

Next please

7. Morning ALF, Abeg Funke should not allow him to enter LOL

8. Adepoju Sexy // November 1, 2016 at 7:13 am // Reply

Common Kenny, that wasn’t romantic. Haba!

Kenny: “Your legs, I want to go in.”

9. Na wa for this guy oooo…. this girl sef is so gullible

10. Firstly, God save her at the airport and she still can’t realize that she don enter one chance

11. Na wah o! D story is becoming more interesting

12. Okafor felicity clara // November 1, 2016 at 7:46 am // Reply

The girl dull abeg

13. Husnah ummuh khalifa // November 1, 2016 at 8:01 am // Reply

Interesting

14. The girl dense, can’t she move to d accommodation provided for her by d skool.FUNKE dull. vexing

15. 2000 Witches and Wizards are attached to dis girl’s life,She needs Confirm deliverance.Lol

16. Im seriously itching 4 episode 9, she’s so dumb, she shld hav jst gone straight to her hostel than following a stranger home.

17. FAVOUR akachukwu okoye // November 1, 2016 at 8:18 am // Reply

This is an abuse to a woman. Even funke is so dull…

18. And you’re sure she actually passed through the university with this her behaviour? lolz…?… Jez so dense and gullible

19. nor be school them say make she go for America??? She come follow stranger go house just like that….

20. Funke you don fall my hand

21. Ewoooo! Funke, who have you offended. Lord have mercy on you o. Everything for a purpose o believe. Success road is not smooth.

22. Funke is the fool here… She (funke) supposed not to followed a stranger home…. She supposed to go to her hostel for her education process… Rather than following a stranger home….that is foolishness how did she even have a scholarship if she is that stupid….the man too is a bad man

23. This Kenny na drugdealer and addict o. God will sure protect and deliver funke From all evil

24. Hmmmm, like Seriously?, like open?. Nawaoooo, notn wey girls no go see for men hand. well life lessons, Some learnt d hard hard way.

25. Ah i don tire for dis girl jare.she is too simple,why did she follow him in the first place?abeg i don dey tire for this story.

26. Funke shud be a little bit authoritative to stand on her word. Following with rapt attention. Hope to see a sweet ending. Waiting for episode 9

27. Next ooo jare

28. I’m sure Funke is a dunce, a nit-wit, if not……. Hian! Do we still have such academically brilliant but brainless idiots called ladies? Mtcheeeeeeew, nonsense

• tanx alot for that comment, I really don’t know her problem. how can she b brilliant at the same time senseless with dirty emotions? she sure needs a physician to check on her.

29. I am so sympathizing with her, by the way looking of the story it will come out triumph at the end of it, since God has reviewed her destiny to her through her trance & also safe her from her cousin sister who could have destroyed her in totality

30. I’m angry with her already because she was supposed to go.to school straight to make all arrangement about studied and where to stay and not be gullible to this useless guy

31. Could u pls do something about d story line a little? It’s becoming a little boring in comparison to ur other stories

32. this stori na wha
    oooo

33. it just annoying, dis one na J J C can’t she stand her ground follow follow, she needs serious prayer and fasting.

34. Funke u are not doing normal at all u are just doing as if u are a baby u are too dull be smart pls do like a conform lady

35. In this story she didn’t behave like first-class student at all. She is too slow in making decision and it affecting her! She is suspecting him and still follow him to his house! What happen to her school accommodation where she can pass a night and use that opportunity to know more about him? DULL….

36. Funke is just too dumb!!!!! I dnt feel sorry for her

37. this funke of girl, may god have mercy on her, how could be so dense

38. She’s jst 2 easy

39. expecting next season

40. Huunn, human being with their cameleon attitude. But its too early for Kenny’s change. Even Funke’s attitude is so annoying. Hw can u follow a man u suspect to his house? Or wasa it bkus he paid for ur drop? Well, u beta behave urself there and let Kenny nt implicate u. Remember u are no longer in Nigeria oo

41. This Funke seems to be dull ooo, first class student toying with her life. Abeg!

42. She needs to wise up.
    I beg give us d remaining part.

43. Adesulu Azeez // November 1, 2016 at 12:53 pm // Reply

Do u jst ask if she shld open?? Does d room look like her hostel? Poor girl… Mtcheew.

44. Comfort Odey // November 1, 2016 at 1:16 pm // Reply

Funke get mouth sha oh. I have been laughing on transit n all the passengers r looking @ me like a mad woman. May God save her 4rm kenny

45. tufikwa dis funke is not intelligent

46. olawale jubril // November 1, 2016 at 1:33 pm // Reply

next story pls

47. I really feel like slapping sense into funke right now!!!!haaaaaaa!!!!for God sake you don’t just get a strangers bag even if he helped you.if he insisted you alert the air hostest about it.secondly you were not stranded in America you had accomodation provided for you so I will say greed and stupidity made you follow him.you will be justified with such act only if you were stranded.and you got the his house even when your instinct kept warning you,ebi like say you like suffer oo.haba pity your poor parents na haaaaa!

48. This Funke of a girl is mumu, how can she be following a stranger she did not know anything about him?
    She is going to get what she did not bargain for and blame it for devil.

49. funke is dull jo

50. Florence Nduka // November 1, 2016 at 3:10 pm // Reply

Hmmm..Wakeup funke.pls episode 9

51. dis Funke z really an idiot carrying someone elses luggage z not enough for u, she even went as far as sleeping in d persons house as if na dere b d school wey dey send her go. real mugu i never see dis type before, what z d use of being brainliant when u r actually brainless

52. It’s really annoying and so unbelievable that a “first class student” would behave in this manner… This episode is so annoying am beginning to dislike her approach considering the fact that she graduated with first class, she’s just too dumb and gullible. I expected her to be smarter than this…. Following a stranger even after suspecting him… Hmmmmmmm….. Am pist at her jor.

53. Which kind wahala be this

54. Funke is too foolish, d whole mistake started frm allowing d robbers sleep wt her

55. Adelove…to be sincere U goof in this story………this story portrays Nigeria education as substandard, imagine a firstclass from Nigeria university with a tout lover & indiscriminate sex, I supposed they said sex affects brain. A firstclass graduates who easily forgets her dream & follows a wayward cousin, swapping American education for clubbing & aristo at Abuja, a university firstclass honour accepting luggage from a stranger at foreign airport, accepting to sleep in his house in his bed ? Habba check it now even a Nigeria secondry school girl who is always on the net cannot fall that mugun. Anyway cudos to your brain.

• @Daves, go read Episode 9 before you start running your gutter mouth. Mtccheewww.. Imagine insulting AdeLove on his Blog. What can you write by the way? Yeye dey smell

56. Nawa o, this Funke of a girl really needs help. How did she manage all through the university with this attitude? She may have earned a certificate in learning but certainly not in character

57. D story is becoming annoying! Very stupid girl! Very senseless too!

58. Don’t make it boring, pls post episode 9 now

59. The full story is unable to view on my phone

60. d full story is unable to view on my phone.

61. Enjoy 40% intrest on your capital in a month. When you provide help on http://www.giversforum.net. you’ll get 10% of your capital every week which if added up for four weeks gives you 40%. Also you’ll get to enjoy a four level referral bonus 10% 5% 3% and 1%. Giversforum.net is genuine and as sweet as MMM. For more info you can inbox me. Register via http://www.giversforum.net using onyeforoobinnaeke@gmail.com as your invite. Register and start making money

62. pls what happend in episode 7, and why can’t i view the whole stroy

63. she is a fool behaving like mumu

64. Dont blame na real village girl, her own mumu na plus seven

65. Pls U Guys Should Help Me Oo. I Don’t Know Why, My Phone Dose’nt Want Me To Link To Episode 8. Please Did Funke Later Agreed To Help Kenny With His Hand Bag, And What Happened At The Airport? Thanks

66. Everyone needs to be financially independent and needs not to be financially broken. Check how I raked in $4000 within 2 weeks while looking for new job. it all started from here http://Fans2Earn.com/?ref=315164

67. funke an angel already told u to fast and pray, cos that’s all u need do for nau

68. is dis Funke under a spell I pray God to deliver her in Jesus Name

69. Earn real money online by working as a part time job easily, earn up to 2500$ dollars weekly guranteed join link at http://dollarjob.online/app.php?invite=27496

70. Please can join Funke? because You too can take a step further, and earn a living here today at: http://paytoday.online/index.php?ref=20287

71. pls l wil like to knw the full story cosz l was n’t goin alone with the story frm the beginnin,pls can someone help me out with it!

72. Pls can someone help me on how to read past stories I missed some episode

73. HMMMM! This is serious…

74. Funke wot is worng wit u,why re so foolish like dis.b wise 4 once.

75. y castigating her? i knw its nt wise bt dis r d 2phases of life. rememba dis are nt mere happens bt manipulations frm d under world 4her nt to excel. dont worry wen u read further to d later episodes u wil understand beta

76. signup for free with #500 naira signup
    bonus on http://www.Coolnaira.ga use
    (kisshandsome) as sponsor and upgrade ur
    account with 1000 naira only and be a
    premium member to reffer poeple
    with
    ur link and earn 50% of the money
    they invest. for more info. whatapp me
    09073674720

77. This is to inform the general public that Dangote3xCement is now sold Direct from factories for promo price of 1000 Naira per bag, Buyers can order a minimum of 100 bags Trailer Load of 600 bags and 900 bags and above contact sales manager on08032194626Assistant Sales Manager Mr Frank on 09023588960 to get 50kg rice for 5500 Naira Minimum is 20 Bag and above Note Delivery is two working days and is Nation wide.

78. PLZ SOMEONE SHOULD TELL ME ON HOW TO READ DIS STORY