The manager said earlier that the Ivorian would not feature in his first-team plans until he says sorry for his agent’s comments, but new developments will not change much.
Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola says he has spoken to Yaya Toure about his apology, but insists “nothing has changed” in the aftermath.
Guardiola had said earlier this season that Toure would not feature in his plans until he makes a public apology for comments made in the press by his agent, Dimitri Seluk.
Toure finally posted that apology to Guardiola via his Facebook page on Friday morning, just hours before the City boss was due to give his weekly pre-match press conference.
It was expected that Guardiola would clear up the situation and shed light on whether the Ivorian would now be in contention for matches, but the Catalan gave a vague response.
“I spoke with Yaya this morning, so of course it’s a private conversation,” he said, somewhat sheepishly. “I know what he says and it is so important for Manchester City. That’s the most important thing, and for Yaya as well. It’s good.
“Of course I read what he wants and that’s all.”
When asked specifically about whether Toure will be in contention for Saturday’s game against Middlesbrough, Guardiola replied: “Yaya is in our training sessions, is in our meetings. You knew the situation, nothing changed.”
Another attempt was made to discuss the Toure situation, but Guardiola was keen to move on.
“I answered about Yaya, I do not say any more. Now let’s focus on Middlesbrough, you know the situation.”
Despite Toure’s earlier apology, however, Seluk spoke to TalkSport to insist that he had no intention of saying sorry, and that his client should had no reason to extend an olive branch.