(Episode 16) A Letter from Jail … Life sucks beyond words

When I got to the bedroom, Miebaka was already awake. He had not seen me beside him.

Me:”Look what I saw” I handed him the letter, waiting for explanations.

Miebaka:”Where did you find this” he asked, looking as shocked as I was

Me:”Beneath the door. I heard a knock so i went to check but no one was there”

Miebaka:”What were you thinking going there all by yourself?  What if you were killed? Please don’t do that again, honey. If such occurs again just wake me up…”

Me:”I am sorry. i felt u needed to rest. But who could have written this? Do you have anyone in mind? ”

Miebaka:”Honestly I can’t guess” he said to me

“Or could it be Ope?” He asked

Me:”Who is Ope?”

…………………………………….

He had told me the story of his second girlfriend. After he left Hajiya Badmus’ apartment he had met Ope, a First Bank staff, about nine years older than him. According to him, Ope provided everything he needed, she made sure he was comfortable and showed him so much love. But each time they made love, she would cry bitterly because he only mentioned my name.

Even though he would apologize afterwards, she would always threaten to destroy our relationship if it ever worked between us. He had called her to say it was over the day he found me.

Miebaka:”She threatened to come and poison your mind after I told her I had found my love.i thought she would understand” he said After his explanations I told him what he had done was wrong; if I were the one who was treated that way, I would have made the same threats. “But can she really go this far?” I asked Miebaka

Miebaka:”Human beings are unpredictable” he replied

We were becoming very conscious of our environment and the people we let into our lives. The Marriage Counsellor had advised us not to involve the police; he had told us to pray about it and all will be fine. We let go by believing him

Few days later, Miebaka got the same kind of letter on his desk at work. He had stopped by the police station to make a report on his way home. He assured me that everything would be fine as he had told the police everything about his ex girlfriend, Ope and the strange letters.

…………………………..

Few weeks to our wedding, I had lost so much weight from the ups and downs; I never knew that preparing for a wedding was that demanding- maybe because I had no family. The Marriage Counsellor’s wife and the wives of Miebaka’s colleagues helped me out with few things. I had insisted I would rent the wedding gown instead of buying. ..everything fell in place just as I expected.

==

Meanwhile Miebaka had informed the police about our doubts regarding the safety of lives during the wedding. I advised him to at least inform Mr.David, his father, that he was getting married but he warned me not to mention the name again and that Mr.David seized to be his father the day he raped me.

The church looked so colourful, as I walked down the Isle, I remembered Papa and Mama, I cried like a baby. I was sad, who could have thought I would have had that kind of elaborate wedding? Miebaka was indeed a good person; almost everyone showed up for our wedding. The old couple in church acted as Miebaka’s parents while Pastor walked me down.

At the end of the church wedding was the reception. I was the happiest woman on earth; my husband whispered so many romantic words into my ears as tears of joy rolled down my eyes while we danced. Wiping my tears, he encouraged me to be strong and that everything was going to be fine in the end. I was really tired, I told him to inform the MC to make the event quick but Miebaka begged for few more moments

“This is our first slow dance you know” he whispered into my ears. I smiled as tears ruined my make up.

We held each other so tight as the “Oruka” song kept playing repeatedly, it was my favorite since Sunny Neji released his album. Our slow and soft romantic moment was interrupted when the song abruptly went off.

We both looked behind, and to our greatest surprise, a dark skinned young lady, in her late thirties or so, was with us on stage, holding the microphone.  I saw my husband looking at her with his mouth wide open…I was confused too

Lady:”Good afternoon everyone. My name is Ope and I am supposed to be wearing the gown this prostitute is wearing” she pointed at me, staggering with a bottle of alcohol in her left hand

Miebaka:”Ope! Ope! What is wrong with you? What are you doing?” He left me to walk to her.

I held him back, I was scared of what might happen

Me:”Sweety, you might not know if she’s armed or if she has plans. Let’s get out of here. The security officials will handle it” I whispered to him

Miebaka:”Did you hear what she just called you? I can’t take this!” He went to her and dragged the microphone from her hand

Before we knew it, the stage was filled with young men, trying to take her out of the stage. I was embarrassed, the crowd was whispering; I knew they were gossiping about us. My husband too was furious

Miebaka:”What is the essence of giving the police money when they won’t do their jobs? Nonsense! ” he cursed as he walked to me. “Imagine if she was armed, this is how she would have killed us, free of charge! ” he looked towards the direction where Ope was being carried out

“I am so sorry for this embarrassment. This was supposed to be our happiest day. I am sorry my darling. I will make it up to you” he hugged me

The MC went back on stage, apologised to the guests and announced that everything should go back to normal. I had not recovered from the embarrassment, didn’t want the crowd to know I was affected by it, so I pretended and danced like never before…the guests, impressed, stood up and applauded me. Then came another drama, Ope was back into the hall, this time running and holding a knife towards my husband,  like an athlete about to throw the javelin, was this lady so invisible that no one saw her coming?

The few guests who had seen her were finding their way out, I ran to her, my dress sweeping the floor, held her hand and began to give her the beating of her life. I made sure I pinned her to the ground. I could hear Miebaka and other men trying to drag me off her, I managed to take the knife out of her hand, and as they finally pulled me off her, she stood up to retaliate. ..then we heard several gun shots from nowhere.

Standing directly opposite me, Ope had received two bullets on her head and fell like a log of wood. I went down immediately, Miebaka, on the floor, dragged me under one of the tables on the high table. I could feel the friction bruising my legs, but what mattered most was my life. I heard people running and screaming for help, the shots kept coming, and in one minute, the hall that was filled with people and voices went mute.

We laid under the table in fear until we heard the police siren very close, we knew the police had arrived. Miebaka instructed me to remain under the table while he got out to see what was happening. I peeped, the whole hall was empty, with Ope’s body lying on the floor. The police had taken her body and asked us to accompany them to the station.

With my dress looking very dirty and ripped, Miebaka led me into the station. We were asked so many questions and later allowed to leave after we explained in detail the occurrence of the events. On our way home, Miebaka cracked jokes about how he had seen the pastor running for his life when the shots were coming

Me:”Oh because you believe he’s a man of God you expect him not to run when there’s danger?” I laughed

Miebaka:”Yes now. A whole pastor running away” haha haha. “Naija pastors no dey carry last” he laughed more

We got home and went back to our previous mood. We could not explain what had happened at our wedding, but we knew there was a mix up somewhere. I left my husband in the living room, and headed straight to my room to have a cold shower.

“Honeymoon indeed” I said to myself

Before the wedding, I had imagined our honeymoon.I had told him I didn’t want to go out of the city; I pictured a honeymoon where we would visit new places in town and still return same day.

After having a long cold bath, I looked at my dressing table, in search of my weavon brush and then I saw a small note,

“Shiber yogurt. That was a narrow escape. Next time, my boys won’t miss…”

Me:”Alhaji!” I mentioned in shock

Miebaka:”What about him?” He asked, standing by the door

Me:”Nothing sweety. I just remembered something funny about him” I lied

I quickly folded the piece of paper and put it in my drawer.

Will Alhaji succeed in destroying Shiber’s marriage? Will Miebaka find out that Alhaji is responsible for the threats? Why is Shiber not telling her husband that Alhaji is behind the threats?

…SEE Episode 17 Below (You don’t want to miss this interesting Story!)

75 Comments on (Episode 16) A Letter from Jail … Life sucks beyond words

1. Haaaaa! Alhaji “Shiber Yughurt” still alive? See Gobe… next please

2. Whhhaatt? This Alhaji was the masterplanner?

3. choi. this story is just beginning sef. next biko

4. Adepoju Sexy // November 19, 2016 at 7:32 pm // Reply

i agree with Shiber. Life sucks beyond words truly

5. What a story. Enjoying every bit of it

6. Olanike Ajayi // November 19, 2016 at 7:38 pm // Reply

Hmmmm can’t wait please

7. Hmmm Hmmmm!.instead of Shiber to tell her husband about alahaji as he had told her about Ope, instead she is hiding it. hmmm, alahji is going to be her ondoing…

8. Wow

9. Ope died for nothing………. I could not imagine the threats coming from Alhaji.

Shiber doesn’t need to hid things from Miebaka, women sha!!…….. well, waiting for the next episode

10. The story has just begun……. Next pls

11. 2bad Alahaji deserves to die

12. Shiber, should open up to her husband.

13. Wow ……what is the problem with this Man now… he should let this girl be… what else does he want

14. Okafor felicity clara // November 19, 2016 at 8:12 pm // Reply

But why will ope act that way?she caused her death

15. shiberbella what is wrong with you self? Anytime you manage to joy or happiness in your life the devil will come and try to steal it away from you. Why? Do not let this young man (meiabeka) get into problem by commiting murder just because of you?

16. shiberbella what is wrong with you self? Anytime you manage to joy or happiness in your life the devil will come and try to steal it away from you. Why? Do not let this young man (meiabeka) get into problem by commiting murder just because of you?

17. Shiber u self. Why won’t u tell ur husband abt such tin

18. Hmmm from one wahala to another

19. Praise Whyte // November 19, 2016 at 8:25 pm // Reply

She has really missed the opportunity of telling the husband everything
    Shiber open up,what’s the point of hiding???
    God will help you as for Alhaji…dead awaits him

20. Efugoga Lilian // November 19, 2016 at 8:27 pm // Reply

Wow, I can’t wait to c wat happen next.

21. I actually fell sick bcos of d suspence form Ade love.

22. This Shiber has a problem. First, was when she enter primary school she lost her mum, therafter she lost her dad who was trying to protect her from arm robbers. Second, was when Miebeka, was trying to express his feeling to her, she lost her aunty. Third, was when she was in the university cos of Moses she lose Alahiji not only that shot almost lost her life when Alahiji brought those giant men to rape her in her apartment. Forth was when she met Godfery that almost change her life, she cause Godfrey to lose his job just because of that same Alahiji. And she went into prostitution, which was rescue by Miebeka when she engage herself into fight with a young guy that refuse to pay her after having sex with her. Now is Miebeka again maybe this time is going to cause the life of this inocent young man (Miebeka). I pray God should guard them.

23. Na God go punish Alhaji… No be only yoghurt, na Icecream… Enjoying d story.. Kudos Adelove

24. Chai….Jesu Christi….from frypan to fire..omo

25. mordi scholarstica // November 19, 2016 at 8:50 pm // Reply

This girl cef! He was open to you o now u are hiding things from him. May God save u

26. Haba shiber baby told ur husband pls. Dt alhaji is responsible 4 wat hapen @ d wedn

27. Alhaji must be crazy…but shiber would have told the hubby as well as the police.anyway next and final episode has my answer

28. Pls, next ooo

29. Please Adelove!! Miebaka shd nt die ooo,he has suffered enuf

30. Hmmmmm,,,nice 1

31. Is very hard for women to be open to thr partner,why on earth would she wnt to hide her past relationship with from her husband…..well

32. Shiber the action lady.. Lol

33. Y she keeping it away from her husband n allowing d devil use her in a football match as d only ball in d stadium. I mean, if her husband could trust her n tell her of Ope why can’t she do d same
    After all he knows of her bad past…mtcheew some ladies sef! I’m just wondering what she plans to achieve by keeping dis HUGE piece of information

34. Nothing must happen to miebaka ooooo, I mean nothing

35. Although, I wld av blame Shiber 4 hiding such a cwious issue 4rm her spouse, buh @ d same tym, I want u guys to knw dat we female generally do acts stupid @tymz(sowi 2 say), probably she’s scared of wat Miebaka wld say or his reaction myt be negative if she tells him. Buh I just hope all will be well @ d end… next 1 plzzzzzzzzzz….

36. Still waiting for the next episode.
    Comments on reserved.

37. You pple shouldn’t. blame shiber she is carri away wit wat dey man of God told her. She feels no matta wat ahija do, she is stil going to be victorious bt she forget dat she meant lost de man dat mean de world to her, is just like lossin everytin………..feel sorry 4 her

38. is this a true life story or Nigeria movie?
    dis tori wey don get episode 1 to 16 already film recorder never full? oh Nigerians I fear una o…….. well episode 17 n 18 on d way!!! no be here we dey, we must see d end of d wili-wilii.

39. Shiber nawa ooo.Open up to your hubby nah tel him everytin dat happened btw you n Alhaji n dnt even hide anything for him.Next episode.

40. iCharity Club Nigeria
    Every Nigerian needs this. Its Members to members helping community.
    After having 5 people under you, you can now updrade to Grade 2, which you Will also need to pay N12000 from your N30000 to a Grade 2 upline member and now you don’t need to worry on how to get people in this level…,the system will bring 25 persons under you who will pay you N12000 each making N300000..you can make these within 12 days of joining..and it continues to other higher Grades up to Grade 10,That’s how it works.
    All donationwirect to your bank account.

Grab this opportunity which is really amazing, it’s new in and is spreading really fast. Find time to look at it. I think this is absolutely a brilliant ideas http://icharity.club/?ref=piuspuyol

41. You are an idiot for lying to your husband.

42. Shiber! Y don’t you just say the truth to Meibaka, at least he knows all you had gone through. He might be of help. Cos Alhaji knows he will get back to you. N now he will ask you to sleep with him n you will agree abi. Don’t just ruin what is starting to seem right in your life o. Be truthful. See even if Meibaka knows or is plotting evil for you. Jes keep been truthful n move close to God now more than ever so he can intervene for you. Learn!!! Truly life sucks, but dear Shiber, make it less suck for your very own self by doing things right for once. God help you!

43. Shiber’s secrecy will bring a whole lot of calamity dat could have been avoided. Kai. This is no good at all. Spill it out girl!

44. Kaiiiiiiiiiii doom shiber is doomed she has lost everything

45. Somebody help Ooo Adelove story is turning me to something else! I don’t have time for my self anymore! Anyway the so-called Alhaji believes that he has money and he can use every Arsenal in his disposal to destroy the marriage….but there is God.

46. Mtchew!! Na wa o. So after all the suffering Shiber could not get a happy ending?

47. una no get wrk…..prose wey get part 1,2,3,nai una dey wait 4….lolzzzz

48. God why dis problem is too much for her.episode 18

49. This is really complicating next pls.

50. But y do many of our Christian girls love alhajis so much, knowing full well dat no alhaji will have any good intentions for them. Miebiaka I doff my hat 4 u by accepting shiber back into ur life after giving d best part of herself 2 alhaji and dose who don’t deserve her and returned chaff to u. If I were u miebiaka I will never accept shiber back into my life

51. What’s still the essence of hiding tinx from the husband, she is stupid in fact

52. Shiber why by? After so much love from ur hubby u r still lying to him wh…..y Shiber?

53. For those of you who would love to engage in Celtic football academy trial you will have to follow these steps. 1. You have to like our page first. 2.Send your name,position,a ge,phone number and location to this email plil40422@gmail.com . 3.Send us message when you have send your details to the email. https://mobile.facebook.com/Celtic-football-academy-1739252402977022/?__xt__=11.%7B%22event%22%3A%22visit_page_tab%22%2C%22user_id%22%3A100006380526610%2C%22page_id%22%3A1739252402977022%7D

54. It was shiber’s destiny to suffer and let people die for her.

55. iCharity Club Nigeria Every Nigerian needs this. Its Members to members helping community. When you register, you will need to donate the sum of N6000 ($20) to a fellow member, and he will then confirm your donation and then the system (Admin) will put 5 other registered people under you from spillovers who will also pay you N6000 each, into your bank account, making N30000. You can also bring people to register under you if you can’t wait for the system to do it for you. After having 5 people under you, you can now upgrade to Grade 2, which you Will also need to pay N12000 from your N30000 to a Grade 2 upline member and now you don’t need to worry on how to get people in this level…,the system will bring 25 persons under you who will pay you N12000 each making N300,000..you can make these within 12 days of joining..and it continues to other higher Grades up to Grade 10,That’s how it works. Don’t worry the system will bring you the 5 Downlines that will donate to you, via spillovers. All donations are made direct to your bank account. Grab this opportunity which is really amazing, it’s new in Nigeria and is spreading really fast. Find time to look at it. I think this is absolutely a brilliant idea. Register with this link and start smiling, you will thank me later. Chrome or UC browser works faster in this site than Opera. NOTE: Immediately you register, you will be given 3days to donate, if the 3days elapses and you didn’t donate, you will be removed from the system. http://icharity.club/member/register/?ref=ozoemelam1

56. Shiber,haha,wetin now,ha ha,haba.despite all odd,u still have Miebaka with genuine love and u were hiding something for him,having told u all his past,nawa for u o,i pray dat God will guide u both.ADELOVE,thump up.

57. VACANCY! VACANCY!! VACANCY!!! This is another opportunity for UN-Employees…if you wish to work with us here in the NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE IN GENERAL..OUR REPLACEMENT FORM is on SALES for just #15,000 and the RECRUITMENT FORM IS ALSO ON SALES FOR JUST #10,500 For more information KINDLY CONTACT OUR ZONAL OFFICER WITH THIS NO: (08140613147) FOR EQUIRES of vehicles on sales are.. E.G. Golf2, 3, 4, from N200,000-N400,000. 300,000 Toyota Camry(big daddy)=N450,000. Honda accord (baby boy)=N450,000. ToyotaMatrix=N500,000 Toyota Prado=N700,000 Toyota hiace Bus=N650,000, Toyota Avalon=N500,000. Toyota Corolla=N450,000 Mazda 626=N 350.000 Honda Accord(EOD)=N550,000 Honda Accord(2012)=N650,000 ToyotaCamry2.2(Tiny Light)=N350,000 Toyota Avensis=N500,000 Rav4=N550,000 Toyota Seinna=N500,000-N600,000 Highlander=N650,000. ,Murano=N650,000, Pathfinder=N600,000, Infinity Jeepfx35=N700,000. & fx45=750,000.. We also have bags of rice available for sales.�

58. Earn real money online by working as a part time job easily, earn up to 2500$ dollars weekly guranteed join link at http://superjobs.xyz/app.php?ref=18660

59. okay adelove I love your writeups but there is something I always notice the writeups are always the same the characters all exhibit one foolishness to another till the end were they either change or carry on with there foolish ways which is normally there downfall in the end. I know your trying to send a message across to your readers in each of your stories but I think your not being truly real here is why -a lot of things about your stories is that it doesnt make sense in quite some areas for example shiber she did things without thinking a man ask you to prostitue for him and with the little money made. she couldnt escape or in the case of following a complete stranger to there house with the intentions of staying there. same thing with other adelove story funke in ” thorn that almost altered my destiny” and caro in”bitter side of love”.my question is why write about such foolishness exhibited in this characters? in this century I dont see any girl making so many mistakes as your characters while reading I get angry most times because I feel the writer is just writing to fill the space or something there should be a reason for this extravagant waywardness, if there is one then please let us know why your chatacters decide to do somerhing foolish as sleeping with a gate man to change bodywear seriously no public toilet. besides it is always the same storyline start out good, change, act wayward do stupid things e.g funke = sleeping and moving in with someone you just met and also playing wife. please be realistic stop writing such I know there are girls out there who do this but I think your stretching it a little bit. I would like to see a story that isnt like the others please something different, apart from that kudos.