According to reports, National Universities Commission (NUC) wishes to announce to the general public, especially parents and prospective undergraduates, that the under-listed “Degree Mills” have not been licensed by the Federal Government and have, therefore, been closed down for violating the Education Act CAP E3 Law of the Federation of Nigeria 2004.
The “Universities” are:
1) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
2) Christians of Charity American University of Science & Technology, Nkpor, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
3) University of Industry, Yaba, Lagos or any of its other campuses.
4) University of Applied Sciences & Management, Port Novo, Republic of Benin or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
5) Blacksmith University, Awka or any of its other campuses Nigeria.
6) Volta University College, Ho, Volta Region, Ghana or any of its other campuses in Nigeria.
7) Royal University Izhia, P.O. Box 800, Abakaliki, Ebonyi State or any of its other campuses.
8) Atlanta University, Anyigba, Kogi State or any of its other campuses.
9) United Christian University, Macotis Campus, Imo State or any of its other campuses.
10) United Nigeria University College, Okija, Anambra State or any of its other campuses.
11) Samuel Ahmadu University, Makurdi, Benue State or any of its other campuses.
12) UNESCO University, Ndoni, Rivers State or any of its other campuses.
13) Saint Augustine’s University of Technology, Jos, Plateau State or any of its other campuses.
14) The International University, Missouri, USA, Kano and Lagos Study Centres, or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
15) Collumbus University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
16) Tiu International University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
17) Pebbles University, UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
18) London External Studies UK operating anywhere in Nigeria.
19) Pilgrims University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
20) Lobi Business School Makurdi, Benue State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
21) West African Christian University operating anywhere in Nigeria.
22) Bolta University College Aba or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
23) JBC Seminary Inc. (Wukari Jubilee University) Kaduna Illegal Campus.
24) Westlan University, Esie, Kwara State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
25) St. Andrews University College, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
26) EC-Council University, USA, Ikeja Lagos Study Centre.
27) Atlas University, Ikot Udoso Uko, Uyo Akwa Ibom State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
28) Concept College / Universities (London) Ilorin or any of its campuses in Nigeria further necessary action.
29) Halifax Gateway University, Ikeja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
30) Kingdom of Christ University, Abuja or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
31) Acada University, Akinlalu, Oyo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria.
32) Fifom University, Mbaise, Imo State or any of its campuses in Nigeria
33) Houdegbe North American University campuses in Nigeria.
34) Atlantic Intercontinental University, Okija, Anambra State.
35) Open International University, Akure.
36) Middle Belt University (North Central University), Otukpo.
37) Leadway University, Ughelli, Delta State.
38) Metro University, Dutse / Bwari, Abuja.
39) Southend University, Ngwuro Egeru (Afam) Ndoki, Rivers State.
40) Olympic University, Nsukka, Enugu State.
41) Federal College of Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Abuja.
42) Temple University, Abuja.
43) Irish University Business School London, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
44) National University of Technology, Lafia, Nasarawa State.
45) University of Accountancy and Management Studies, Mowe, Lagos.
46) University of Education, Winneba Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
47) Cape Coast University, Ghana, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
48) African University Cooperative Development (AUCD), Cotonou, Benin Republic, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
49) Pacific Western University, Denver, Colorado, Owerri Study Centre.
50) Evangel University of America & Chudick Management Academic, Lagos.
51) Enugu State University of Science and Technology (Gboko Campus).
52) career Light Resources Centre, Jos.
53) University of West Africa, Kwali-Abuja, FCT.
54) Coastal Univversity, Iba-Oku, Akwa-Ibom State campuses.
55) Kaduna Bussiness School, Kaduna.
56) Royal University of Theology, Minna, Niger Delta.
57) West African Union University in Collaboration with International Professional College of Administration, Science and Technology Nigeria, operating anywhere in Nigeria.
In addition to the closure, the following Degree Mills are currently undergoing further investigations and/or ongoing court actions. The purpose of these actions is to prosecute the proprietors and recover illegal fees and charges on subscribers.
1) National University of Nigeria, Keffi, Nasarawa State
2) North Central University, Otukpo, Benue State Nigeria.
3) Christ Alive Christian Seminary and University, Enugu
4) Richmond Open University, Arochukwu, Abia State.
5) West Coast University, Umuahia.
6) Saint Clements University, Iyin Ekiti, Ekiti State Campus
7) Volta University College, Aba, Abia State.
8) Illegal Satellite Campuses of Ambrose Alli University.
For the avoidance of doubt, anybody who patronises or obtains any certificate from any of these illegal institutions does so at his or her own risk. Certificates obtained from these sources will not be recognised for the purposes of NYSC, employment, and further studies. The relevant Law enforcement agencies have also been informed for their further necessary action.
NOTE: This list of illegal universities in Nigeria is not exhaustive. Updates will be made periodically.