I And Suswam Have agreed to ceasefire – Governor Ortom

I And Suswam Have agreed to ceasefire – Governor Ortom

Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue State says that he has reached a truce with his predeccessor, Gabriel Suswam, for a ceasefire and toe the line of peace.

Ortom who disclosed this, on Monday, at a stakeholders meeting organised to address the incessant Fulani clashes in the state, said the agreement was reached after a peace meeting called by the elders and Ters of MINDA and Sankera to mediate in the matter.

Said the governor, “I want to let you know that Suswam and I have agreed to ceasefire after the elders and Ters from MINDA and Sankera called us together to mediate in the matter between us. This matter wouldn’t have taken long if Suswam had cooperated with me. Suswam’s hands had been up against me that is why I had continued to bite.”

The Governor who noted that he had no more issues with the former Governor said although his predecessor had to travelled abroad shortly after the peace meeting for medical attention assured that both of them hoped to sit don together and resolve their matter.

“I have no more issues with Suswam since that day. It’s unfortunate that he was traveling for medical attention and we have agreed to sit together when he comes back and iron things out. Suswam and I don’t have any issue again.”

Recall that second Republic Minister of Steel, Wantareph Paul Unongo had in the last stakeholders meeting promised to mediate in the matter between the Governor and his predecessor.

Advertisements

6 Comments

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.