Tomorrow, March 23, 2017, marks the 2000th episode of M-Net/Africa Magic TV series, “Tinsel.”
The longest running TV series in Nigeria is heading for a whopper of a milestone and it is interesting to know that Nigerians have followed the events of the town, Reel Studios and Odyssey Pictures for 2000 nights.
The Nigerian Soap Opera which aired for the first time in August 2008, has created remarkable characters such as Shalewa, Phillip Ade-Williams, Soji, Brenda, Chuks, Titi K and Sheila, and for nine years, “Tinsel” has continued to introduce talented actors to the Nigerian film audience.
As viewers anticipate the 2000th episode which airs tomorrow, March 23, 2017, check out five interesting facts you should know about the show;
- Cupid lives in Tinsel town! Over the years, “Tinsel” has produced three cast marriages – Gbenro AJibade and Osas Ighodaro, Chris Attoh and Damilola Adegbite, Iyke Okechukwu and Florence Uwaleke.
- The youngest actors to have featured on Tinsel came on board as 2-week old babies, and both are still acting on the show – 5-year-old Nathaniel Omene who plays Tochi (Amaka Ade-Williams’ Child) and 3-year-old Abiola Bayode who plays Amarachi Obi (Chuks’ and Ene’s daughter)
- Dozie Onyiruika who acts Freddie Ade William on the show came on board as a 7-year old boy and now, he is a teenager.
- The oldest actor is Taiwo Ajai Lycett, a 76-year-old veteran actor, who plays Sheila’s mother on the show.
- “Tinsel” won its first Africa Magic Viewers Choice Award at the 2017 edition on March 4, 2017, where it earned the Best M-Net original drama series.
The show which revolves around two rival film companies: Reel Studios and Odyssey Pictures, features Ireti Doyle, Gideon Okeke, Linda Ejiofor, Gbenro Ajibade, KC Ejelonu, Chris Attoh, Damilola Attoh, Beverly Naya, Osas Ajibade, Victor Olaotan, Kalu Ikeagwu, Funmi Holder, Bimbo Manuel, Femi Jacobs, Matilda Obasekki among others.
The 2000th episode of “Tinsel” airs on Africa Magic Showcase DStv Channel 151, at 2030CAT (7.30pm Nigerian Time).