Gas cooker explosion razes house in Abaji

Gas cooker explosion razes house in Abaji

The house of a businessman cum politician in Abaji, Alhaji Musa Sokodabo, was razed down by fire on Saturday night.

A son of the victim, Yusuf Musa Sokodabo, said the fire started about 9:12pm from a gas cooker placed at the veranda of the flat.

He said one of his brothers put on the gas cooker to boil water for their father and it exploded when he lighted the matches to light the gas cooker.

He said he raised alarm, which attracted the attention of some his brothers and they rushed and rescued their father who was inside his bedroom.

He said he called the fire service, who came and put out the fire. He, however, said the entire flat was razed with documents and other property inside.

Meanwhile, the Ona of Abaji, Alhaji Adamu Baba Yunusa, has commiserated with the Sokodabo family over the inferno.

Yunusa, who visited the scene yesterday, expressed shock over the incident, saying he thanked God that no life was lost in the inferno.

Advertisements

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*